Dear Friends: I have some thrilling news to share.
I have partnered with Barry Jacobsen, author of “Deadliest Blogger,” former associate producer of SpikeTV’s “Deadliest Warrior,” and frequent guest/co-host on Canto Talk to create a new talk-show business model.
It is a pay-for-podcast program, which covers the events and people of the past impacting today’s world.
With ongoing developments on the crisis in Ukraine, here are some news updates from Tuesday.
Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a draft treaty making Crimea part of Russia.
Never mind what the West thinks — the Kremlin says Ukraine’s Crimea region is now part of Russia.
A signing ceremony Tuesday between Russian President Vladimir Putin, the Prime Minister of Crimea and the mayor of the city of Sevastopol made it official, the Kremlin said in a statement. The territory, ceded to Ukraine in the Soviet era, is now part of the Russian Federation, it said.
History Bytes will be able to offer the historical background that will shed additional light how past events and personalities led to the news today:
Military history expert Barry Jacobsen discusses the history of the Black Sea region of Russia, including:
- The era of Genghis Khan and the Golden Horde.
- The forced exodus of the Crimean Tartars on the orders of Joseph Stalin.
- The rationale behind Vladimir Putin’s power grab in Georgia.
- The development of Islamic extremism in Chechnya and its consequences.
- The origins of the Ukraine’s “Orange Revolution”
Leslie Eastman co-hosts.
Barry and I hope you will join us on other social media platforms:
Other shows in our roster:
- Show #001 “Deadliest Warrior” – Behind The Scenes with Barry Jacobsen
- Show #002a: Sparta – Legend and Legacy (Part 1 of 3)
Show #002b: The Spartans at Thermopylae (2 of 3)
- Show #002c: The Rise and Fall of Sparta (Part 3 of 3)
- Show #003: Alexander – Was he really that Great?
- Show #004: Hollywood and Egyptomania
Barry and I hope to be profitable enough to maintain and expand this fledgling effort.
I have some special people to thank for this new profit opportunity:
- Charles Fettinger, who is our Technical Advisor and instrumental in allowing us to develop this new podcast platform.
- Maureen R., who is one of the most brilliantly creative people I have met. She created the perfect logo, and has been super supportive during the development process.
- Bill Jacobson (and the rest of Team Insurrection), Silvio Canto, and Aaron Clarey, who have allowed me to gain the media experience and fiscal awareness to make this attempt.
Finally, I would like to thank my son (my biggest source of inspiration) and my husband (whose hard work allows me to delve into the bowels of history and contemplate the complexities of culture).