Dear Readers: I couldn’t think of a better way to kick off 2014 on Canto Talk than my chatting with my College Insurrection compatriot, Aleister. Our wonderful host, Silvio Canto Jr., will be having our team on to discuss the high (and low) points of 2013 — and what 2014 is likely to bring to American Colleges. (Click HERE at 7 pm PST/9 pm CT/10 pm EST on Thursday, Jan. 9th, for live show or afterward for archived podcast).
1. 15 Conservatives You Wish Had Spoken At Your College Graduation I wrote this around graduation season last spring when I noticed the lack of conservative speakers at graduation ceremonies.
Along those same lines…
2. In the future, everyone will be Valedictorian for 15 minutes Why stop at just one Valedictorian?
And who could forget all those forward thinking professors?
5. Progressives are now calling student loan debt racist and homophobic Is there anything progressives don’t find racist and homophobic?
6. Women at Arizona State protest for “Topless Rights” in rally organized by UFO religion I always dreamed of writing a headline like that.
1) College Insurrection Night on Canto Talk: Aleister and I review how the corrupt press has actually failed to fulfill its First Amendment responsibilities, and its detrimental impact on the future of American college students.
2) August 8 – College Insurrection Night on Canto Talk: We discussed a few of Aleister’s post on the invasion of college campuses by the porn industry, institutional indoctrination, and the Higher Education Bubble.
Next on the list are interviews with other college-oriented conservative activists:
4) CANTO TALK: Prager U. Team takes us “behind the scenes” on June 6th. A chat with Dean of Students Jared Sichel and Project Manager Noah Yaffe about the online courses focusing on conservative principles.
I was asked to review some amazing books, too.
5) Men on Strike – Why Men are Fleeing Colleges Dr. Helen Smith’s excellent book had a chilling chapter about the college experiences of young men.
6) Book Review: James O’Keefe’s Breakthrough (Update – new video)may have been published at Legal Insurrection, the author was featured in a few College Insurrection posts, too: Conservative activist James O’Keefe talks citizen journalism at Northwestern
It should be a fun night!