Edward Snowden, the self-revealed whistle-blower at the National Security Agency, explains that part of the reason he decided to come forward was because President Obama did not roll back the surveillance measures put into place by the Bush Administration.
“A lot of people in 2008 voted for Obama. I did not vote for him. I voted for a third party,” Snowden said in an interview with the Guardian. “But I believed in Obama’s promises. I was going to disclose it [but waited because of his election]. He continued with the policies of his predecessor.”
HISTORY BYTES – PODCAST PROGRAMHISTORY BYTES Podcast show reviewing how the past impacts the present. Hosted by Barry Jacobsen and Leslie Eastman
HISTORY BYTES ON FACEBOOKHISTORY BYTES - FACEBOOK with Barry Jacobsen & Leslie Eastman
HISTORY BYTES ON TWITTER
An amateur Egyptologist who sometimes writes about Egypt. Proud member of the SLOBs (San Diego Local Order of Bloggers).
TEMPLE OF MUT COLLECTION
- Pyramids and capitalism...how could I not adore Ron Swanson? youtube.com/watch?v=g5vGju… fb.me/8GiOnlBIL 10 hours ago
- Go Tigers! — watching Seattle Mariners vs Detroit Tigers 13 hours ago
- Trump Pursuing a 15% Corporate Tax Rate. In the words of Ron Swanson: SLASH IT. SLASH IT.... fb.me/8wZRDq8MG 23 hours ago
- Trump Pursuing a 15% Corporate Tax Rate. In the words of Ron Swanson: SLASH IT. SLASH IT. legalinsurrection.com/2017/04/trump-… @LegInsurrection 23 hours ago
- #FakeNewsAlert: Hannity's accuser never accused him... fb.me/6TGNkFLUi 1 day ago