Edward Snowden, the self-revealed whistle-blower at the National Security Agency, explains that part of the reason he decided to come forward was because President Obama did not roll back the surveillance measures put into place by the Bush Administration.
“A lot of people in 2008 voted for Obama. I did not vote for him. I voted for a third party,” Snowden said in an interview with the Guardian. “But I believed in Obama’s promises. I was going to disclose it [but waited because of his election]. He continued with the policies of his predecessor.”
HISTORY BYTES – PODCAST PROGRAMHISTORY BYTES Podcast show reviewing how the past impacts the present. Hosted by Barry Jacobsen and Leslie Eastman
HISTORY BYTES ON FACEBOOKHISTORY BYTES - FACEBOOK with Barry Jacobsen & Leslie Eastman
HISTORY BYTES ON TWITTER
An amateur Egyptologist who sometimes writes about Egypt. Proud member of the SLOBs (San Diego Local Order of Bloggers).
TEMPLE OF MUT COLLECTION
- LESS THAN 48 HOURS!!!! fb.me/7bEYrH9hg 2 hours ago
- "Hollywood bullies at the gate ahead of the Trump inauguration" fb.me/7kBEZdXsu 3 hours ago
- Obama Commutes Bulk of Chelsea Manning’s Sentence... fb.me/zejGT3ss 20 hours ago
- Prof. Jacobson on the Dennis Prager show (for Youtube video removal) “There’s no human to call up”... fb.me/2MrHMiWW7 20 hours ago
- Prof. Jacobson on the Dennis Prager show (for Youtube video removal) “There’s no human to call up” legalinsurrection.com/2017/01/theres… @LegInsurrection 20 hours ago