Edward Snowden, the self-revealed whistle-blower at the National Security Agency, explains that part of the reason he decided to come forward was because President Obama did not roll back the surveillance measures put into place by the Bush Administration.
“A lot of people in 2008 voted for Obama. I did not vote for him. I voted for a third party,” Snowden said in an interview with the Guardian. “But I believed in Obama’s promises. I was going to disclose it [but waited because of his election]. He continued with the policies of his predecessor.”
HISTORY BYTES – PODCAST PROGRAMHISTORY BYTES Podcast show reviewing how the past impacts the present. Hosted by Barry Jacobsen and Leslie Eastman
HISTORY BYTES ON FACEBOOKHISTORY BYTES - FACEBOOK with Barry Jacobsen & Leslie Eastman
HISTORY BYTES ON TWITTER
An amateur Egyptologist who sometimes writes about Egypt. Proud member of the SLOBs (San Diego Local Order of Bloggers).
TEMPLE OF MUT COLLECTION
- TRUMP GAINS IN PA: Trump makes big gains in latest Morning Call/Muhlenberg College poll of Pa. voters... fb.me/HqLYDLDi 2 minutes ago
- RT @IAmRevell: "He'd grab & slap my friends and I's asses & caressed my friends chest...This is a TARGET AGAINST WOMEN. Rot in hell" #Casca… 17 minutes ago
- RT @Democrat_4Trump: Yes Tim Kaine voted to cut pensions of our Veterans. @realDonaldTrump @DananaMama https://t.co/P2c0VPMFvm 19 minutes ago
- RT @ezralevant: From Arcan Cetin's Tumblr page: a bit of Muslim evangelism: …anmotherrussiavodkaandak47.tumblr.com/post/135455598… #CascadeMallShooting https://t.co/Q8ZWA… 22 minutes ago
- fb.me/1rCJH7Q8g 25 minutes ago