Dear Readers: Before I feature my new “of the week“ item, I want to take care of some big thank yous to some of the Shrine’s favorite Capitalist Heroes!
- A big thank you to Lonely Conservative, my New York compatriot and Circle-of-Mom friend, for a great Canto Talk show on “Blue State Blues”. I loved her take on Big Bird, the New York congressional race with Ann Marie Buerkle, and the “War on Women”. Click HERE to listen to a must-hear show!!!
- A big thank you to Silvio Canto for the platform (and please check out his chat with “Two-de-Force” Hillary Clinton, Patty Kelley).
- A big thank you and Happy Anniversary to Legal Insurrection, celebrating 4 fun years of punditry and great bumper stickers!!!
- And a big, big, big expression of gratitude to Captain Capitalism, who gave me the kindest shout-out!
My buddy Jerry back in Wyoming would always say (when the hot Foxnews Babes came on) “This is why we go to war son!” So when I went to Temple of Mut to find a piece link worthy, I didn’t find anything that jumped out. But what did was a simple observation – imagine if every woman in America was like Leslie. I’d go to war. Just scroll down and look at her various videos, posts, etc. She actually cares about America and cares about men. But with the current cabal of American women, eehhhh….I just bought Borderlands 2. Let the invading hordes take the women. I don’t care.
The Captain knows I have battling a herd of Eeyores, so his generous praise provided a huge energy boost and gives me that little extra spark to continue the struggle through to Nov. 6th — and hopefully stave off the decline!!
Now, onto today’s feature. I was on Twitter last night, following the debate. Here is the moment I knew that Ryan had well and truly won: When #ThingsthatmakeJoeBidenLaugh was a trending topic.In fact, Horemheb and I had a lengthy post-debate discussion, in which he and I agreed that Joe Biden was a complete ass. So much so that I have created a new series. The Goddess now deems Jokin’ Joe as A$$hole of the Week.
Captain thinks Time magazine’s picture of Paul Ryan won Team Romney the women’s vote. It is a rare time that I will disagree with him: Biden cost Team Obama the Women’s vote last night. As part of the evidence, I will offer Lonely Conservative’s assessment of the debate: Joe Biden Thinks It’s All A Big Joke
Vice President Joe Biden was extremely rude during the Vice Presidential debate. The burden was on him to come out swinging at Paul Ryan, and he had a great bit of help from the debate moderator. If he wasn’t interrupting, she was. Obama must have given her a really nice gift all of those years ago. The debate moderation could not have been worse. I think Biden interrupted 82 times, while Ryan only interrupted 6 times. Oh, and while Biden wasn’t interrupting, he was grinning and laughing while Ryan talked about very serious issues.
His constant use of the term “My Friend” was especially grating, and the Goddess was not amused. In fact, I made a pact to myself that when Biden said it again, I would turn the debate off. He did, and I did. Horemheb noted that the time I stopped watching, Biden was at his nastiest. I marveled at Ryan’s aplomb during the entire extravaganza, especially as Biden interrupted him 82 times and the moderator butted-in 31 times. Talk about tag team!!
However, what is most interesting — I was not the only woman who had such a strong, negative reaction. My next door neighbor (a very sensible, politically independent, and very beautiful grandmother) said that she turned the debate off at exactly the same time I did. “It was useless listening to the debate anymore — Biden was yelling over Ryan, and offering nothing meaningful in return. It was becoming obvious that if Ryan said the sky was blue, Biden would say he wasn’t right and that some made-up agency just proved it was green.”
Add to that the fact a Rush Limbaugh caller said his girlfriend turned off the debate for the same reason. Furthermore, a lot of Twitter users reported that the dial on the CNN focus group went straight down during Biden’s rants.
I see a trend!
Biden’s performance last night will leave a lasting legacy that Team Romney can well use:
- The most obvious lie I noted: Joe indicate he voted “NO” on the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Records clearly indicated he voted “YES”. Biden obviously thinks we are a bunch of clueless idiots.
- Biden’s fairytale about what the White House knew about the attack on the consulate in Libya will haunt Team Obama, as Newt Gingrich so aptly noted.
- Biden’s remarks on the HHS Mandate was so full of crap that my Catholic friends on Twitter stirred up a Category 3 Twitter Storm in its wake! In fact the lie is so egregious, I need to highlight it:
With regard to the assault on the Catholic Church, let me make it absolutely clear: no religious institution, Catholic or otherwise, including Catholic Social Services, Georgetown Hospital, Mercy Hospital, any hospital, none has to either refer contraception, none has to pay for contraception, none has to be a vehicle to get contraception in any insurance policy they provide. That is a fact.
In fact, I think this prevarication will be the one that comes back to haunt Team Obama the vote: WE CATHOLICS HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN!!!!!
I must note that my favorite post-debate post comes from fellow SLOB W.C. Varones: The Real Winner of Tonight’s VP Debate…
The clear winner of tonight’s VP debate was obviously… the libertarians! Why? Because we weren’t invited.
Not getting invited to this circus is like getting rejected to participate in The Bachelor. Sure, maybe we could famewhore our way into American homes with slick positions and posturing but why would we want to?
Hard to argue. In honor of Halloween and the perfect palate cleanser for today’s post: