Dear Readers: The Canto Talk program on the Women’s Vote with SoCal Tax Revolt Coalition President Dawn Wildman and the very savvy “man-o-sphere” representative Captain Capitalism (Aaron Clarey) was wonderfully informative (click HERE to listen to the show). I am grateful to Silvio Canto for opening up his forum for such great dialog, as we talked about the gender gap and women’s views toward various issues.
Recently, I have been covering the awful job that the American media has been doing on reporting on a variety of topics. Today, I wish to formally charge the national press with criminally negligent behavior:
I am joined by 2 other Democrats, Pat Caddell and Kirsten Powers, as I will report shortly.
For example, the poll data offered as “hard news” are outright lies filled with bad assumptions and false analytics. Tying this into the women’s vote, friends of Hillbuzz have noted that independent-minded women seem to be more immune from the intentionally depressive information than the men:
A lot of conservative men (they almost always seem to be male) seem to take pleasure in the idea of being part of the Smart Elect Few. They like the idea of being part of the (Very) Few who Just Get It, while the masses believe what they’re told. So, if the conservative grassroots are getting excited at voting Teh Won out, then the Eeyores feel the need to look down their noses and snort at the gullibility, and then claim that Obama will win. Conservatism for them is less about principles, and more a way to make themselves feel uniquely smart and accoomplished without any real effort or, well, accomplishments.
And – *whisper it* – I think they feel emasculated by the strong conservative and libertarian women coming out to do what they can’t/won’t do: lead the movement to actually *do* something, as opposed to sitting around tutting at the state of the country, and congratulating each other on being able to see that WE’RE ALL DOOMED! DOOMED I TELL YOU!
However, the press handling of the Obama Administration and the consequences of its policies have gone beyond presenting poison polls as a political tactic to endangering the safety and security of every American citizen. Investors Business Daily has this: Mainstream Media: Public Enemy No. 1.
The nation and world face an epic crisis made more dangerous by the proliferation of terrorism, weapons of mass destruction and twisted minds who’d think nothing of using them to advance their cause or “theology.”
Yet, our mainstream media deliberately choose to ignore these exponentially growing threats while working in concert with the Obama campaign to ensure the president’s re-election.
Much worse, some in the media are themselves betraying national security secrets in an effort to make Obama look more “presidential” or harm the conservative narrative.
Beyond their leaking of highly classified information, the media are a real threat to security because they flat-out know:
• Public employee unions have decimated the finances of an expanding number of cities, counties and states.
• Poverty is rising, unemployment is accelerating, median household incomes have fallen and Obama has created a debt poison-pill that will cripple our economic future.
• Teacher unions are destroying the futures of poor and at-risk children, but the media look the other way to protect one of the largest special interests of the Democrat Party.
• Obama has no foreign policy, and his ineptitude, along with that of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, was exposed with the planned terrorist killings of U.S. diplomats in Libya — murders the president dismissed as “bumps in the road.
On College Insurrection, I came across a piece that shows young people rely on social networking sites for their news. Here is what the obviously liberal ideologues think is newsworthy — any item that defends Obama or harms GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
First, Google News:
Now, Yahoo News:
MUT’S MONEY QUOTE – WE ARE AT THE MOST DANGEROUS TIME IN OUR HISTORY IN TERMS OF THE BALANCE OF POWER AND THE ROLE THE MEDIA PLAYS IN MAINTAINING A FREE DEMOCRACY.
For example, Caddell notes the complete silence of the media when over 20 American embassies were under attack…then giving Obama a pass on going to Las Vegas for a fundraiser. That should have been Obama’s Katrina moment, and the media completely failed to keep the American public fully informed.
Caddell exclaims that the press is now the enemy of the American people, because now it is deciding what truth we have a right to know and which we are not allowed to know.
Even Fox News analyst, Kirsten Powers (no dire-hard conservative) is concerned that “Americans will be put in danger of the media doesn’t start challenging the White House on Libya.”
One of the truths we were not allowed to know was about al-Queda’s attack on Camp Bastion, which resulted in the death of two marines and a loss of air power. In fact, via Kim Zigfeld of the American Thinker and her piece on the media blackout: Under the leadership of Barack H. Obama, though hardly noticed by the pro-Obama mainstream media, the U.S. Marine Corps has suffered its worst air squadron catastrophe since Vietnam, and its prized VMA-211 squadron has taken its worst hit since its defense of Wake Island in World War II.
One other video that I would like to share, which will not get nearly enough coverage, was Israeli Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu’s address to the General Assembly, which put the world on formal warning that they will take care of business if Iran and its martyr-desiring mullahs proceed with nuclear weapons development — and, if you haven’t hard it, you really should:
Turning now to the rigged polls, I would strongly advise ignoring every one — with the possible exception of Rasmussen. In fact, I would like to direct your attention to some solid reviews of the poll results and the sampling data!
- Da Tech Guy: His blog should be a daily stop this election season. Good post related to my theme today: Who are you gonna believe?OK, if you believe the polls, Mitt Romney’s 10 points behind in Ohio. But then there are those people — THOUSANDS of people — who stood in line in the rain to get in to see Mitt this afternoon in downtown Toledo.
- Barry Casselman – THE PRAIRIE EDITOR: Counting Chickens – It is clear that reporting poll numbers has become part of the “warfare’ of a political campaign. In my opinion, few polls should be taken very seriously because few polls are successfully trying to avoid the bias that comes from bad weighting, inappropriate technological inquiry procedures (such as using only land-line telephones and not cell phones), or from the statistical consequences of repeated sampling to get a response.
- Katy Grimes has a great analysis in Cal Watchdog THAT IS A MUST-READ FOR CALIFORNIANS! It includes the skewing of data related to our suite of propositions. As W.C. Varones reports on the closing of large Campbell’s Soup and ComCast facilities in this state, getting sensible laws and representatives in this state will be even more important if we are going to recover.
Over at Legal Insurrection, it is asked: Will 2012 be to the credibility of the polling industry what 2008 was to the credibility of the mainstream media?
Remember, Team Obama and their media minions will do three things in this campaign: 1) Lie; 2) Prevaricate; 3) Lie. Be highly skeptical of any information coming from their media minions, and do locate alternative sources of news (like Cal Watchdog!).
In conclusion, I am going to chat with my two favorite lawyers, Professor Jacobson and Mark Meckler, and see if I can bring some formal charges against the media types who have completely abandoned their First Amendment responsibilities, endangering my family — including one who is in service in Afghanistan.
Sorry for the length of the rant. To reward those who lasted to the end, and in homage to Michelle’s Mirror for the inspiration, I would like to introduce a new feature: MUT’S EYE CANDY OF THE WEEK.