Dear Readers: Please check out CANTO TALK (click here) from yesterday, in which we had a wonderful discussion about the famous Battle of Thermopylae with Deadliest Warrior’s Spartan expert and fellow SLOB, Barry Jacobsen. This was an engaging and entertaining analysis you can’t get just anywhere, and a big thanks to Slivio Canto Jr. for making it happen!!!
Barry was very proud of me: I managed to refrain from indulging in references to Egypt, except for an opener that cited Cleopatra. Silvio sent this really wonderful video of Cleopatra’s Bath that is a nice palate cleanser to a more learned discussion of the engagement between the Persians and the Spartans, as well as a refreshing way to cleanse the mind after dealing with the Democratic National Convention all week!
Yes, my baths are exactly like that! 🙂
Fortune smiled on me last night: I was busy chatting with Silvio and Barry instead of listening to President Obama. So, in order to get up to speed for today’s commentary, I turned to Tammy Bruce’s Mystery Science Theater 3000 public podcast version so I could last through the ordeal. Basically, it was a lot of blather without the spark of Bill Clinton’s address the previous night. In light of the today’s piss poor job figures (and I noted the press actually referencing the drop-out figures more today than ever), hanging his hat on the Bin Laden raid (seeSee a Navy Seal’s book, “No Easy Day”, for refutation of the White House assertions) and GM save (see Ford, the firm that did not get bailed out and is now more profitable) didn’t seem logical. Especially as there was no plan, no budget…no beef.
Via Instapundit: It looks like Gov. Sarah Palin was right, after all! Obama’s plans did kill jobs!
In fact, B-Daddy fisks Obama’s speech and concludes that it is fantasy. Since fantasy and hangovers were the theme in Charlotte this week, it makes sense for Beers with Demo to be heading to Vegas — but I digress!
I don’t care what kind of ginned-up, fake analytics the elite media palms off on us after this week, it is plain to see that the Democrats took a total bath during their convention.
Here is the evidence:
- Via Lonely Conservative: Former Michigan Governor becomes unglued – In case you missed it, here’s the highlight video of former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm’s DNC speech. Let’s just say she was quite animated. Watching it is like watching a religious revival. No wonder the Democrats wanted God out of their platform, they’ve replaced Him with The Won. The southern accent was a nice bonus!
- Michelle Malkin notes that DNC supporters treated archbishop Timothy Dolan as an extremist, whereas the nutballs who turned the DNC into abortion-palooza have been embraced and exalted. Sweet! (The graphics at the link need to be seen to be believed).
- Via WC Varones: Idiocracy – Let’s Ban Profits!
- To add to the dissing of a highly placed and well respected member of the Catholic clergy (and no, we Catholics have not forgotten the HHS Mandate) the Ulsterman report offers the video of the crack-up over God and Jerusalem in the platform. In fact, now Bishop E.W. Jackson Says Democrat Reversal on God and Jerusalem is Attempt to Fool Christians and Jews on Their True Sentiments — Continues Call for Mass Exodus Out of Democrat Party.
(MUT Note – As an ancient Egypt expert, I can attest to the fact it is not a good idea to start a campaign harshing on Israel/Jews…but that’s another story for another day)
I would like to note that the Ulsterman Report details the backstage interaction between Clinton and Obama on the evening of Clinton’s much better received speech. It confirms the origin of the gleam-in-the-eye that I noted.
Bill’s speech was double the time they gave him. Had Obama waiting. Kept the current POTUS waiting for almost an hour. Handlers not happy. Jarrett pissed. They do that little shake at the end when Obama walks out. Backstage, Bill says something like, “He wanted to break my hand.” He’s laughing it off. Knows what he wanted to do was done. Obama storms off. The two were all smiles onstage. Backstage, they parted. Bill’s getting congratulated and Obama is gone. Told somebody, was a woman so assume Jarrett but didn’t ask for clarification, took Bill aside and was shaking her finger in his face for a moment. Bill leaned down and whispered something to her and she walks off. He goes back to smiling and the handshakes. Classic Clinton. The smiling assassin. And what is the feedback today? That Obama’s speech was not as good as Clintons. That he isn’t Clinton. Look up the Bentsen reference. That’s what we saw Clinton pull off this week.
Clint Eastwood’s empty chair routine is proving to be the iconic image, as I prophesied last week. Today, #Eastwooding continues as Clint says: “President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.”
All is proceeding as I have foreseen. Truly, the Democrat’s poll numbers will be heading down the drain in short order.
- Captain Capitalism has a really fabulous post describing the wonders of reliable women – the must read post of the day! The Reliability Factor
- Via Facebook friend Rik Fox, the God of Embalming (Anubis — not the God of Death, which is Osiris) is finding a home in the Denver airport.