Dear Readers: Not much in the way of current events punditry, because I took the new hip out for a test today. I hit the local beach to boogie board with the Young Prince and many of our friends.
My hip held out, and I did manage to catch a few waves. The Young Prince was kind enough to actually let me use my high-quality Toobs board coated with ancient Egyptian icons. I didn’t wipe out, but there are muscles in my lower back that feel they got a really good work-out.
I have the best friends on the planet. I have been spoiled with several birthday celebrations, including today’s surprise cupcake fest on the beach. It was awesome!
To continue the celebration, I brought out my 1987 classic Bryan Ferry album, Bete Noire, featuring “The Right Stuff”!
She´s the queen of the Nile
Lion woman with the crooked smile
Now, onto my Internet friends:
- WC Varones has his own video feature: Romneynomics vs. Obamanomics: Staples vs. Solyndra
- KT Cat has a musical reflection as well, tying the Chick-fil-A situation to Cabaret: This Works On So Many Levels
- Beers with Demo features Link of the day with the exciting Mars Curiosity mission. The Young Prince and I will be enjoying a show on that a little later this evening. Very thrilling.
- Like myself, B-daddy took a little vacay time with a loved one, and looks at wineries and the Obama “You Didn’t Built That meme. Vacation and Those Who Did Build That
From Around the Country:
- Lonely Conservative reports from NY: Where In the World is Joe Biden? I can answer that — hiding out, hoping Obama will forget all his gaffes and praying he won’t get outed as VP.
- Captain Capitalism reports form MN and other parts West: “Welfare” is Not Economic Independence, Ladies
- NoOneofAnyImport (who has been moving, so I am not quite sure of where she is): Favorite Chick-fil-A Quotes She started off with a good one — “So essentially, the rage against ‘the machine’ is mostly people whining about how the owner of a large company has the luxury of living in a nation with free speech protections.” I hope she adds mine: “America’s Chickens Have Come Home to Roost”.
- EdgeoftheSandbox reports from the deep blue abyss of the Bay Area : Happy Birthday Mr President One Year Later — with a look at Michelle Obama fashtions.
I will be chatting with Silvio Canto on Thursday, Aug. 9th about being a Tea Party Democrat. It should be fun!
To round out this post with a little Egypt news: First Dynasty funerary boat discovered
During routine excavation works at the Archaic period cemetery located at Abu Rawash area northeast of the Giza Plateau, a French archaeological mission from the French Institute of Oriental Archaeology in Cairo (IFAO) stumbled on what is believed to be a funerary boat of the First Dynasty King Den (dating from around 3000BC).
Unearthed in the northern area of Mastaba number six (a flat-roofed burial structure) at the archaeological site, boat consists of 11 large wooden planks reaching six metres high and 150 metres wide, Minister of State for Antiquities Mohamed Ibrahim.