Dear Readers: The elite media types are really beside themselves that Mitt Romney has managed to look more presidential in the course of a week then Obama has done during the entirety of his term. Now they are swooning because, while harassing the GOP candidate with queries about his supposed gaffes (which they made up, anyway), MUT’s BADASS OF THE WEEK TOLD THE HACKS TO: KISS MY ASS!!!
Gateway Pundit has an example of Gorda’s Bad-assery:
CNN: “Governor Romney just a few questions sir, you haven’t taken but three questions on this trip from the press!
Gorka: “Show some respect”
NYT: “We haven’t had another chance to ask a question…”
Gorka: “Kiss my ass. This is a Holy site for the Polish people. Show some respect.”
Acosta added: Moments later, Gorka told Jonathan Martin, a reporter for Politico, to “shove it.”
I would like to note that Romney, by answering even three questions during his trip, has answered 2 more serious queries than Obama has taken during this entire term — butt, I digress. Sadly, Gorka was compelled to apologize, which is a small deduction from the bad ass goodness; however, it did inspire some Tweet exchanges at the hashtag #KickMyAss.
If we are imposing the “New Civility” Standard (great synopsis by Beer with Demos), how about MSM icon Cokie Roberts apologizing to Romney for insinuating his trip to Poland was “racist” — she said essentially that Romney made this trip only to appeal to “white ethnic voters” (translation – Hillary Clinton supporters of Polish descent who tend to live on the evil-coal-utilizing rust belt).
Romeny’s World Tour was a huge success. In fact, as Lonely Conservative points out: The Only Thing That Didn’t Go Well About Romney’s Overseas Trip Was the Press Coverage
Mitt Romney looked Presidential; Ann Romney looked stunning and was as gracious and tasteful as any First Lady we could hope to have. To sum up – Romney Pegs Lech Walesa … Obama Lands Coveted Ahmadinejad Endorsement.
Furthermore, as I suspected, Romney was astute in properly assessing the quality of organization at the London Olympics, despite the attempts to make it a gaffe-fest. In fact, let’s take a look at Obama’s Top 10 UK gaffes for fun!!!
1. The Toast.
2. The iPod.
3. The Incompatible DVDs.
4. The Hug.
5. The Throwing of Churchill Out of the Oval Office.
6. The Kitchen Meeting: “The Special Relationship” hits bottom as Obama makes the British Prime Minister chase him around America like a scorned school girl: British officials made five attempts to secure official talks with the US President and even agreed to a policy change in an attempt to land a joint appearance between the two leaders, said diplomatic sources. But the White House rebuffed the offers and Mr. Brown, who had hoped to increase his popularity by appearing on his own with Mr. Obama, had to settle instead for a snatched conversation with the President in a New York kitchen.
7. The, uhm, Special Relationship? The gratuitous words of a State Department official in May 2009 were particularly harmful. “There’s nothing special about Britain,” the official said. “You’re just the same as the other 190 countries in the world. You shouldn’t expect special
8. The, uhm Special Relationship? – Part Deux: President Obama had this to say: “We don’t have a stronger friend and stronger ally than Nicolas Sarkozy, and the French people.”
9. The Old Obama’s-Too-Tired-To-Treat-The-British-PM-With-Respect Ploy: Sources close to the White House say Mr. Obama and his staff have been “overwhelmed” by the economic meltdown and have voiced concerns that the new president is not getting enough rest. British officials, meanwhile, admit that the White House and US State Department staff were utterly bemused by complaints that the Prime Minister should have been granted full-blown press conference and a formal dinner, as has been customary. They concede that Obama aides seemed unfamiliar with the expectations that surround a major visit by a British prime minister.
10. The Compromising of British Intelligence.
Finally, Romney gave a comprehensive, supportive speech in Israel, hailed by many as superb oratory (and shockingly, no teleprompter was needed). So good, it pissed off the Palestinians and inspire the Iranian dictator’s endorsement of Obama. What do the Democrats do? Have Pelosi claim Jewish supporters of Romney are being exploited!
Speaking of Desperation…Bill Clinton is taking the slot normally reserved for the Vice-President during the Democratic National Convention. I have read Ed Klein’s book, the Amateur, derived from Clinton’s term for Obama. It seems Obama senses he’s not going to get the “White Votes” of the people his media minions just dissed without Clinton’s help. Just a reminder, for me, one of the best moments of the Obama presidency was the 2010 Christmas press conference, where Obama leaves and Bill Clinton shows how “real presidentin'” is done:
In it, Clinton tells Obama: PLEASE GO!
I hope he does so again! 🙂
I wasn’t planing on watching the DNC convention, but I will watch Clinton’s speech. It will be fascinating!
One last note: Mitt Romney’s team is vastly superior to McCain’s, in terms of new media. There is a special app develop for the i-phone/android that will let supporters instantly know the choice when that info is released. Meanwhile, SoCal Tax Revolt Coalition President Dawn Wildman has this to say in a San Diego Union Tribune round-up of opinions related to the GOP VP choice:
My first inclination is to choose Mitch Daniels as a great VP pick but considering the strategy that seems to come with the territory I fear we will not get a hard-core economic realist. Without a person who will have the president’s back on the tough decisions I fear the status quo spending addiction will continue in Washington. If Romney does not pick a person with business acumen we will be looking at the same kind of economic policies that we currently have in Congress. We need our president and vice president to be true leaders in these tough economic times.
- Lipstick Underground: If you hate Chick-fil-a for being Christian, then you better boycott In-And-Out, too.
- WC Varones covers the Texas RINO Massacre (go Cruz! Silvio will be happy!)
- KT Kat has an excellent piece on racism and culture, Taking The Easy Way Out
- B-Daddy has more salient points, Government Schools – Jim Crow, Pedophilia and Racism
- Shane Atwell has an interview with a protein-based diet author I mean to read: EconTalk Interviews Gary Taubes
As always, history fans need to go over to Word Warrior’s history blog, for the NEXT INSTALLMENT of the AGE OF ARTHUR series!It features shield-maidens, so it should be good!
Finally, to cap off some Tea Party goodness, Professor Jacobson writes that Cruz served Chick-Fil-a at victory party!