Dear Readers: Before I go on to today’s theme, a programming note — our favorite BlogTalkRadio host, Silvio Canto, had a special request. Therefore, I need to share an awesome interview with businessman Joey Norris , in which they discussed the political and economic state of black America today. I also wanted to mention that our own SLOB, Dean of Beers with Demo, will be on the show Thursday (7 pm Pacific, 9 pm Central). Click here for podcasts or to listen.
Now, onto the Shrine’s new role: Suicide Hotline for Nervous Romney Supporters.
Part of the reason is that I have to talk Horemheb off the electoral ledge, as his duty station is in midnight blue Santa Barabra (where the cheap cable package offers only CNN and MSNBC. When he dies, my husband is going to heaven, because he has officially done his time in purgatory). He focuses on the questionable polls offered by these equally questionable news organizations, wondering how Romney is ever going to beat Obama.
A few points:
- All the polls are being done too early with too variable a sampling to be meaningful at this point in the election cycle (CLICK HERE to listen to this podcast with Silvio and independent centrist and the Prairie Editor Barry Casselman for a thorough analysis).
- Obama is hitting Romney with all he’s got, and he isn’t moving the poll numbers.
- The elite media has no interest in presenting this race has the Romney landslide it will be, because that doesn’t make for good ratings.
Romney didn’t get where he is at , nor marry such a great lady, by being dumb. He has spent the past few years figuring out how to beat Obama, who only relies on a limited number of 12 Alinsky rules during his campaigns. Romney also has a much more social media savvy band of supporters than McCain did, which helps to return volley on those aforementioned Alinsky rules. For example, Obama wanted to get some serious mileage out of Romney’s time at Bain Capitol. The Wall Street Journal is wringing its hands that “Romney needs to explain better”.
Obama has essentially committed verbal harikari with his “You Didn’t Build it” slip. This has unleashed Romney, who will now have a platform to detail why attacking business success will not lead to a better economy — in full-throated and experienced detail. (Or as Hillary is 44 notes – Psycho Killer Barack Obama Beaten Senseless By Mitt Romney ) With employment and sales data numbers looking bad, this is a message that will resonate in the coming months. Additionally, Team Romney fans have fired up social media in a most thorough application of Alinsky Rule 5: RULE 5 -“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” (Hat-tip, the blog-father, Instapundit).
As Michelle Obama’s Mirror notes: ALINKSY WORKS FOR US NOW!!!
There have been a series of Twitter Hashtag skirmishes, in which I have exchanged fire. The obvious one is #YouDidntBuildThat. However, after the Hollywood attempt to game the election with a Batman villain being named “Bane”, there was a ton of great tweets on #ObamaComicBookVillains.
Now, a bunch of Republicans are asking Romney to grab his ankles and release his tax records. Why? Has Romney failed to comply with specific laws — if not, then shut-the-hell up. Obama hasn’t released a fraction of the information Americans across the country have requested — school records, Fast and Furious documents, etc. The fact Romney is man enough to tell them to stuff it is REFRESHING.
So, to those of you who think Romney is going to McCain this election, here is the official MUT prophesy for the day — Obama is going to lose by such numbers, “to be Obama-ed” is going to become the new verb form for a complete and total electoral refudiation. Yes, he will finally hit a bottom so low his name will become a verb.
So, instead of second-guessing the Romney Team, get in and contribute with such talents you have. It will be a far better use of your emotional energy. And, keep in mind, the only poll we should be concerned with is this one on Nov. 6th:
- A must-watch video via WC Varones: A public health message from your friends at W.C. Varones
- Word Warrior offers a hilarious series of INTERNATIONAL THREAT ALERTS
- KT Cat has a take on banking operations under the current regulations that is informative: Vengeance Is Expensive
- B-Daddy covers what will be one of the most serious unintended consequences of Obamacare: Bending Down the Cost Curve at the Expense of Innovation
A few links to friends of the Shrine:
- Speaking of hiding things, Legal Insurrection reveals that Debbie Wasserman Schultz hides property by using “Deborah Schultz”
- Mark Meckler notes More Fed Workers on Disability Than Entire Population of NYC
- I am totally jealous – EdgeofSandBox got to meet Professor Jacobson, and as a bonus dissects magnificently an EJ Dione column: The Peace Now of Economic and Social Policy
- And, after reading this, I promise to fix Captain Capitalism a home-cooked meal if he comes to San Diego.
- Jeanie-ology’s take on today’s theme: Lone Cowboy Obama Promotes Collectivism
Finally, prayers being sent to Lonely Conservative, who is being targeted for harassment because she won the “Circle of Moms” contest, in which I met her on-line. I know you only take flak when you are over the target, but to be exposed to such sensless hatred must be soul-draining. I hope she finds the strength to endure, and she would be a good example for all of us to continue the good fight.