Dear Readers: Today, it’s MUT’s movie round-up. Like Legal Insurrections’s Professor Jacobson, I find it difficult to interpret the SCOTUS decision as anything other than a battle loss. From the class movie, “The Lion in Winter“: I’ve suffered more defeats than you have teeth. I know one when it happens to me. However, for those of you who simply want to focus on rigged polls and embrace desolation and depression, I have this line from “Moonstruck” for you:
The WAR can still be won!
ObamaTAX (the independent-conservative rechristened Obamacare) will not be implemented until 2014, and Romney says its repeal will be his first act upon becoming President. Therefore, the day after his signature is dry on that executive order, this DEMOCRAT will be working for Romney’s re-election. Romney has raised more than $4 million (as of this writing) since the senseless SCOTUS decision came down. Happily, most of my fellow citizen activists do not seem to be inclined to roll over for this classless President — whose first act was to tweet: BFD.
So, my response is this: YOU CAN KISS MY ROYAL ROMANIAN ASS.
Shrine Friend Lorraine Yapps Cohen published a list of the 10 Reasons Obama is going to be crushed like the “Terminator” on Nov. 6th. I think it is a great place to start to regain some enthusiasm:
#1. In 2008, Americans were charmed by a newcomer who promised hope and change in the midst of growing national discontent….Now we know Barack Obama: who he is and who he isn’t; what he promised vs. what he delivered; what he says he’ll do and what he actually does; what he’s really about, where his values lie, and what he stands for, which is mostly his narcissistic self. Americans now know the real Barack Obama and don’t want any more of him.
#2. In 2008 when Obama took office, unemployment among Americans stood at 6.1%. Unemployment soared to 10% in the first two years of his administration. Today, it stands at 8.2% despite that the reporting is statistically manipulated to pose a prettier picture.
#3. Americans want to be all they can be and free of the social polices that stunt what made America exceptional. Democracy based on the Constitution works. Socialism doesn’t….Obama’s brand of socialism simply doesn’t jive with the American spirit. And constitutionality cast to the wind won’t win him votes.
#4. America is known as the land of opportunity….By his actions, Obama favors equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity. We don’t get opportunity when government instead assigns equality according to race, color, creed, gender, or religion.
#5. We will not re-elect a President who has spent too much on green technologies that don’t work.
#6. Political polarization runs rampant. Americans are tiring of the extremes that divide. Obama promised to unite us. Instead he uses class warfare to divide us. We are not going to vote for more of that.
#7. Our homes have lost their luster as the embodiment of the American Dream. The housing market is dying, if not dead as a doornail in some locations already. Houses have lost 30-50% of their former values. …Where is the Obama-made change in housing that we were promised?
#8. The national debt increased to $15.7 trillion under Obama’s spending spree. This puts our children and their children in financial bondage to government. By not electing Obama, we eliminate more of the same for four more years, putting an end to the horrific prospect of interminable debt.
#9. Obama has no idea how to generate wealth. His scheme for making money is to tax whatever wealth Americans earned for themselves while declaring war on businesses that created wealth in the first place.
#10. And finally, Americans cannot and will not re-establish as President an apologist for our national greatness. ..
President Obama might take national demise down the paths of such righteousness, but he won’t win another election that way.
The entire post offers further details and links, so please check back. Meanwhile, the San Diego Local Order of Bloggers (SLOBs) is a source of great analysis and inspiration:
- W.C. Varones: Insiders got advance word on ObamaCare ruling
- Beers with Demo: ObamaCare SCOTUS ruling round-up (UPDATED) and Video clip of the day (featuring Bill Whittle’s take on ObamaTax – You can MIND MY OWN BUSINESS)
- B-Daddy notes that because Team Obama spiked the football, he’s donated to Team Romney. B-daddy also offer his own set of 10 reasons why American activists shouldn’t give into despair:
- The ruling didn’t expand the power of the commerce clause to infinity.
- Most conservatives had always felt that had the mandate been honestly labeled as a tax, it would have never been challenged.
- I always thought the mandate’s financial penalty was too weak to force compliance.
- Because the mandate is a tax, it’s repeal can’t be filibustered in the Senate, where the rules on filibuster do not apply to spending bills.
- The mandate has no criminal enforcement provision, including asset forfeiture in the portion of the tax code in which it resides.
- The ruling on the Medicaid portion is likely to be more substantive.
- The Chief Justice worked to protect the reputation of the court.
- This is likely to help Romney, who is making the argument that the only way to get rid of Obamacare is to get rid of Obama.
- The court has ruled officially that Obama has raised taxes on the middle class.
- Ultimately the public got what it deserves for electing Democrats in such overwhelming numbers, including the 2008 nominee, who lacked the experience to inject any leadership into this miserable bill. We are reminded of why we need a tea party movement to restore government to constitutional limits because we, the people, demand it.
I must disagree with B-Daddy on Point #10 — In 2008, Team Obama perpetrated the most significant fraud on the American Public in history — portraying Obama as a centrist. This meme was helped along by the elite media. Needless to say, the new media has been a dynamic force to set the record strait, which is reason #11 for both the above lists:
Reason #11 Obama will loose (Courtesy of Charles Caesar of Doo Doo Economics):
(MUT Note: Hey, Reason and Powerline — we SLOBs had this graphic first). Yes, it is a TAX!
Reason #11 NOT to give into despair: THE NEW MEDIA WILL NEVER REST. Via Pat_Ess on Twitter, Tammy Bruce got the word out that Obamacare has been Transformed into ObamaTAX!#ObamaTax now resides as the hottest new Twitter Hashtag:
And if you want to help the process along, contribute an entry to #ObamaCareInThreeWords
One last thought: Which iconic movie man do you want to be, facing extreme challenges and daunting odds —
The whiner in “Aliens”:
Or John McClane in Die Hard?
This is what I will be saying as I head to the polls Nov. 6th:
Yippee ki yay, Mother Fucker!!!
(Quick — call the civility police — a Tea Party leader just swore at Obama).