Dear Readers: I had a wonderful opportunity to chat with a savvy citizen activist and popular BlogTalkRadio host Silvio Canto Jr. Silvio is based out Dallas, Texas; his show has a sizable audience there as well as many listeners across the nation — including the People’s Republic of California.
During the show I was on, Silvio was comparing and contrasting Spain and California, noting the similarities between the fiscally irresponsible policies both governments were following and the likely full-of-fail consequences. I had him in stitches, telling him I might be one of many other Californians coming out to Texas soon. (Click HERE for the podcast; my interview starts about minute 30).
I also had him chuckling over the success of my “Operation Counteract” and my increasingly popular idea for disgruntled California Dems and Non-declareds to write-in “Mickey Mouse” for the Democratic Nominee. As a reminder, this is Operation Counteract:
This is directed at Blue Dog Democrats (such as myself), as well as PUMAs, independents and other Americans who may not be able to, or inclined to, participate in the GOP primary.
IF YOU ARE ABLE TO WRITE-IN A NAME FOR THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY’S PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE, WRITE IN AN ALTERNATIVE TO OBAMA!
So far, a summary of Operation Counteract Results show that Obama is losing about 20% of the Democrat vote in blue state and 40% or more in red states.
- “Uncommitted” gets 40% of the Kentucky democratic primary results and challenger John Wolfe gets a comparable amount in Arkansas.
- In New Hampshire: Obama lost 20% of the primary vote; the #1 write in name was Ron Paul.
- West Virginia has a convicted felon getting over 40% of the vote in the DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY and garnering at least a delegate. LMAO, indeed.
- Over 20% of North Carolina DEMOCRATS selected “No Preference” as the Presidential nominee.
- Via Moe Lane: Obama loses around 20% of the vote in blue states and also up to a comparable 40% of the vote in red states (Rhode Island, 83.4%. Louisiana, 76.5%. Alabama, 80.8%. Massachusetts, 81.2%, Oklahoma, 57.1%)
I think you can all thank Operation Counteract for the fact that… Nobody is challenging Obama in the primaries–and doing surprisingly well. Money quote: Unlike the recently re-elected presidents, Obama does not have the full support of his party.
I am looking forward to our primary results on June 5th, to see what our primary numbers might be! Silvio has invited me to return for a future show — dealing with Women in Politics/2012. It should be fun!!
Here is more enticing news from the Golden State:
- A mountain lion is shot dead in Santa Monica. For those of you have been following, I am big on letting hunters start going after mountain lions again, as they are becoming increasingly habituated to humans and viewing us as prey. This is just the most recent example, which includes sightings around schools in Rancho Bernardo.
- In California, the Canary is dead: On the astonishing level of domestic migration out of California.
- Hollywood Seeks Taxpayer Subsidies: Yes, because they need a tax break to donate to progressives and their causes, and you don’t need the money to support your family or your ideals. Toxic levels of hypocrisy in this.
- Service Tax Proposal: Because our Assembly has decided that an income tax is just not enough for those of us with a service-based business.
- Vallejo, CA goes bankrupt and reinvents itself.Via Shrine-friend, Mark Meckler — regular Californians get to decide spending priorities. Innovative, that.
May God have mercy on us: When we finally go bankrupt, none of our compatriots in the other 56-states will do so.
NOTE: Silvio prepared this piece for “American Thinker”, which I wanted to share with you — What if they had an election and Hispanics voted for something other than immigration?
My impression is that Hispanics are not a single issue group. They live in the same US economy that other Americans do. They have sons in Afghanistan, too. They send their kids to failing public sector schools run by teachers’ unions that overwhelmingly support Dem candidates. Polls show that Hispanics are pro-life and favor traditional marriage, or one man and one woman. Hispanics are also very religious and can not be happy with the Obama administration “mandating” Catholic hospitals to discuss abortion with patients.
Last, but not least, I think that most Hispanos like me (naturalized citizens) are specifically aware of the value of “the rule of law” to a country. Most of us have seen our countries overrun by arbitrary and selective application of the law. All you have to do is look “south of the border” to see how corruption has hurt Mexico. Or look at Chavez’ Venezuela for crony capitalism. Or look at how Argentina has been hurt by a political class that takes care of its friends at the expense of the rule of law.
At the same time, look how a respect for the rule of law has helped Chile and turned around Colombia.
I will say it again. I don’t believe that immigration will drive Hispanics to vote this fall.
I think that this is the election that we blow up the myth that Hispanos are “talking immigration” from dawn to dusk.