Dear Readers: Evidence that Team Obama loathe women abound (see Instapundit for a quick summary of examples, followed by one of my classic posts that summarizes why this is likely to be so). But I underestimated the level to which Obama’s marketers would go to unveil their contempt toward my sex and their assumptions that women need a sugar daddy or some sort of government assistance to achieve any sort of financial stability and success.
As a nearly 50-year old woman, one of the most intriguing bits about Obama’s “Composite American Female” is this: WE HAVE NO LIFE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 42-65!!!! That comes as news to me, given that:
- I run my own consulting firm, using several science degrees that I did not need affirmative action to achieve
- I am still raising my son, albeit with the help of his father Horemheb in an intact home.
- I am not banking on social security, and am putting money into IRA (hoping that the government doesn’t take over my retirement account)
As a successful business woman and wife/mother, Michelle Malkin sums up my feelings about “Julia” quite well:
After hyperventilating for months about the Republican “war on women,” Democratic new-media gurus inadvertently have exposed the real Barack Obama: a chauvinistic control freak who would tether every last woman and child to his ever-expanding, budget-busting Nanny State.
I hesitate to give Team Obama any advice, but in this case I must. FIRE THE PERSON DOING YOUR TWITTER CAMPAIGNS!!! Let’s recall some of these Twitter gems:
All of these hashtags have been usurped by clever independent/conservative Tweeters, making a complete joke of the Obama marketing approach. And Obama’s people are suppose to be so savvy about social media, too!!! Now, #LifeofJulia has become the most recent full-of-fail hashtag from the “Smartest President, Evah!!!”.
Looking around at the opinions of some of my favorite, non-Julia moms on the blogosphere, I came across these gems:
- Edge of the Sandbox had an opinion about my first example – Unionizing Childcare. If this situation will make staying home look like an increasingly attractive option, think again. Last November Madame ex-Speaker promised to regaining Democratic majority in the House campaigning on a federal childcare platform. Taking this scenario into account, childcare providers will not only be substandard and prohibitively expensive if customers are to pay out of pocket, you and I will be obligated to pitch in, even if we don’t use their services through federal taxes.
- The Lonely Conservative: Poor Julia. If only she hadn’t voted for Obama. But it’s okay, seeing that she’s only a composite.
- Michelle’s Mirror/MOTUS: Here’s what we know about Julia so far: when she grows up, she’s liberal, slutty, large bosomed, completely malleable – did I mention liberal?
The mocking is not confined to sensible women, either. Word Warrior notes: Team Obama rolled out “The Life of Julia: A look at how President Obama’s policies help one woman over her lifetime”, to much fanfare; and, not surprisingly to anyone not Team Obama, ridicule.. He then offers a a sharp critique by David Harsanyi at Human Events.
I would also like to note that in the “Life of Julia”, the services are listed as if Obama is President for Life. That thought is as scary to me, as being entombed alive is to most people (the picture I used for the above graphic comes from the campy classic, “Land of the Pharaohs”). As this is a story of a slave girl who thinks she has made good, but whose destiny in not all she intended, I will conclude with a snippet from this film: