Dear Readers: The month-long Festival of Palin continues by noting that Sarah’s birthday is coming up!
I have a great gift idea — A TEMPLE OF MUT/SHRINE OF FLAMING CAPITALISM T-SHIRT. The finely-crafted design comes courtesy of fellow SLOB, Caesar Charles of Doo Doo Economics fame! Trust me — you can’t put a price on this kind of style. 🙂
I wanted to thank Charles, a good friend to me and my family. He whipped this design up, so I could wear my own brand to Blogger’s Row for the upcoming AMERICAN POLICY SUMMIT in Phoenix at the end of the month. Talk about business opportunity! Palin has this to say about the summit: “This summit (http://summit11.org) offers a terrific opportunity for true American Patriots to hear from experts on issues like lowering taxes, balancing the budget and repealing Obamacare.”
I hope to be reporting on the Summit, with interviews and pictures, when I am there for the Saturday, Feb. 26th session. I had a blast of the Tea Party Patriots Sacramento 9-12 event last year, when W.C. Varones, Jr. Deputy Accountant and I made up the entire Blogger’s Row (my fist one). It should be fun!
The proceeds from this t-shirt go to something almost as critical as Obamacare Repeals and Middle East peace: Charles Caesar is set to marry his Cleopatra, and I want them to have an awesomely awesome honeymoon. So, please check out the TEMPLE OF MUT collection!
Now onto CALIFORNIA CRAZY. God Bless California, as He is the only one who will after the massive bailout the rest of America is going to have to pay for. I wanted to let my fellow citizens know exactly what they are getting for their hard-earned tax dollars!
* KRVARIC ON THE LAMB: An update on CA’s Dead-Beat, broke-ass GOP from San Diego CityBeat’s John Lamb: Which is the party of waste?The article provides graphics, details, and supporting evidence that Team Krvaric squandered GOP resources in their hasty flight to new headquarters (seemingly, the suite of Krvaric Capital). Tony Krvaric, is the Chair of the County Republican Party. Lamb notes:
In the reception area, a perfectly good, solid-wood desk sat empty, left behind presumably because it was too heavy to move. Another desk remained in an adjacent office. Several pristine file cabinets were left behind, most, but not all, emptied of their contents. In the conference center, two unblemished storage racks were strewn haphazardly among the clutter on the burgundy carpet while a heavy-duty folding table leaned against a nearby wall.
* THE TURPITUDE OF THE GOP: It has been reported that US Senator Dick Lugar, a Republican, threw a big snot-rag at Tea Party activists yesterday. Seems like the Culture of Corruption just isn’t in DC, either. More locally, some of the elite, establishment Ruling Class types that make up Team Krvaric tossed a big old snot-rag our way, too. Check out the comments section from this post from B-Daddy at the Rostra! Personally, I found the following remark hilarious:
The ‘Red Tide’ DID indeed reach San Diego county, as the GOP went a perfect 15-0 for its top priority local races …[defeat of Sales tax hike, election of Lorie Zapf, victories for Bill Horn, Ron Roberts, Gary Felein, Farah Douglas, Marie Waldron, Sam Abed, Ernie Dronenburg, and many, many more].
The elites didn’t much like being reminded about 2 important points:
* How active the local Tea Party activists were in promoting the items that were successful (including B-daddy’s continued coverage of the Zapf campaign).
* The total failure of the RINO-backed candidates, Fiorina and Whitman, as well as how devastating the defeat of the the statewide measure Proposition 23 was to all Californians (and which will directly impact San Diegans).
As another compatriot SLOB, Beers with Demo, notes: Our two face-to-face dealings with the San Diego County Republican Party were less than stellar experiences. There was both a lack of professionalism and urgency that we found discouraging a mere few weeks before a general election.
This saga reminds me of something that my favorite Egyptologist once said about the declining late-Egyptian empire: They NEVER lost a battle; their victories simply occurred closer to home.
Another comment caught my eye: Ya Know – by shooting the messenger instead of facing the facts on Krvaric, you are acting more like a democrat then Leslie.LOL! I don’t know if I should take that as a compliment or not.
* AB-32 Update: In the light of the GREAT BLIZZARDS OF 2011, you would think that the worries about Global Warming would be over. Last week, I had happy news that AB-32’s (California’s version of Cap&Tax) would be delayed. It seems my joy is premature. This from one of my key state sites, Cal WatchDog: Judge Goldsmith’s ruling is merely procedural and temporary and is unlikely to deter the implementation of cap and trade in California.
Bonus: The eco-tyrants seem also to have found a way to circumvent an recent order to turn the water back on in the Central valley: Likewise, Judge Wanger’s December 2010 decision to end the environmental embargo on water deliveries to farms and cities to protect the Delta Smelt was offset by the news on Feb. 7 that the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) has been authorized by a different court to undertake yet another study, only this time to protect the Longfin Smelt in the Sacramento Delta.
Given this post, is it any wonder why California took 4 of the top 5 spots for America’s Most Miserable Cities!