Dear Readers: A brief round-up of news items for my steady readership (for which I am truly grateful). I also wanted to mention that my blogging will be sporadic this week, as I am preparing for a major program related to my paying gig. Capitalism is queen!
Our sources indicate that the CALIFORNIA JOBS INITIATIVE has enough petition signatures, and will be on the ballot this November. This proposition, a ballot measure which will adjust the timetable activating expensive AB32-related regulations, is critical and must pass. AB-32 is this states version of Cap&Trade, and is stifling our states ability to recover from this economic downturn. Successful package of the ballot measure would give our businesses the ability to remain competitive nationally and internationally, while doing nothing to undermine sensible environmental measures.
Capitalist hero, Bryan Bloom, put this item in my email today: Climate law debate centers on economy. It is a good summary; stay tuned for further updates.
In terms of ballots: REMEMBER NOVEMBER, BUT DON’T DIS JUNE! Please start reviewing the materials related to the June election, with an eye toward sending messages to Sacramento and Washington DC that Americans don’t want big-government-power-expansions AND Grecian economics (i.e., enslaving private entrepreneurs to government bureaucrats). The Southern California Tax Revolt Coalition has these recommendations; I will have details on the reasons for each selection later this week.
- PROP 13 – YES; Limits on Property Tax Assessment. Seismic Retrofitting of Existing Buildings. Legislative Constitutional Amendment.
- PROP 14 – NO; Elections. Increases Right to Participate in Primary Elections.
- PROP 15 – NO; California Fair Elections Act.
- ROP 16 – YES; Imposes New Two-Thirds Voter Approval Requirement for Local Public Electricity Providers. Initiative Constitutional Amendment.
- PROP 17 – YES; Allows Auto Insurance Companies to Base Their Prices in Part on a Driver’s History of Insurance Coverage. Initiative Statute.
In terms of Counter-Actions to extremist liberal hijinx, here are a few items:
Left Coast Rebel Reports that the amnesty protesters rioted in Santa Cruz (and note the many “Reconquista” signs, and more reports are coming in related to other mobish activities from these extremists in other cities. The elite media is either silent or donwplaying these activities.
Dawn Wilman, President of the Southern California Tax Revolt Coalition, says that San Diegan’s need to act right now:
Date: Monday, May 3, 2010, 8:30 AM
Looks like this vote will be occurring at the 2pm city council meeting tomorrow, May 3.
Send emails now to all of the council members below.
The rogue San Diego Council led by Ben Hueso is working for La Raza and the Mexican drug and human smuggling cartels again and against the citizens of San Diego. Tell these illegal alien activists masquerading as elected council members to butt out of Arizona’s business! The citizens of San Diego SUPPORT law enforcement and the enforcement of all our laws to ensure safe communities. Mayor Sanders and his council support anarchy and lawbreakers.
If the council adopts this pro-criminal resolution, I say we start a Boycott San Diego campaign! American tourists should spend their vacation dollars in an American state, not a city controlled by Mexico. What say you?
The council-member information is found by clicking HERE; also, here is a list for convenience:
- District 1 Councilmember Sherri Lightner E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 2 Council President Pro Tem Kevin Faulconer E-mail: email@example.com
- District 3 Councilmember Todd Gloria E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 4 Councilmember Tony Young; E-mail: email@example.com
- District 5 Councilmember Carl DeMaio; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 6 Councilmember Donna Frye; E-mail: email@example.com
- District 7 Councilmember Marti Emerald E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 8 Council President Ben Hueso E-mail: email@example.com
To send a clear signal in support of Arizona and other states willing to keep the law legal, please spread the word of the May 5th Arizona Money Bomb (Hat-tip to Beers with Demo’s Dean, who had this idea and has just posted a wonderful analysis of the GM bailout bailout).
The Team Sarah Group sent this message today:
Environmental groups Defenders of Wildlife and CREDO are leading a charge against Sarah Palin and her upcoming show which highlights Alaska and is slated to be aired by the Discovery channel. They have collected some 500,000 thousand signatures requesting that the show be canceled. These signatures will be delivered to The Discovery Channel’s May 5th shareholders meeting.
The leftists seem to think that more conservative minded citizens, many being Palin Democrats such as myself, are just going to let this temper-tantrum go with no response. “Those were the days, my friend, I thought they’d never end”, is the tune they will now be humming! The counter-petition to support Palin’s program on Alaska is now up for collecting signatures:
To tie things together, W.C. Varones posted this wonderful quote from a Greek man: “I cannot help but blame my parents a little for what’s happened,” said Achilles Zacharoulis, a 36-year-old cardiologist. “They were here all that time,” he added, referring to the past three decades of mismanagement and fiscal insanity. “But what did they do to stop it?”
W.C’s comment: What will you be able to tell your children you did?
Our prayers go to the New York City investigative team, who are working on who planted the potentially deadly incendiary bomb, and to the heroic police officers who prevented the situation from becoming a tragedy. I am sure that all Americans are following this story closely.
As an environmental scientists, I am following the BP Oil Spill situation closely — as well as its impact on Louisiana. However, I am more deeply concerned by the Obama Administration that BP at this point. Obama and his team are likely to take the Cloward-Piven approach and utilize this crisis to expand government powers and make the economics and energy problems of this country far worse. Two quick points:
* Spill clean-up techniques can make the situation worse, unless they are well considered.
* Helping nature break up and disperse the oil by itself — may be more effective and possibly less harmful.