UPDATE: The California Legislature now wants to eliminate FREE PARKING! The Part-Time Legislature Petition will help prevent this type of inanity in the future. This action items will be one of several key issues addressed at this tea party.
Dear Readers: I am delighted to confirm that national radio talk show host and long-time Tea Party supporter, Roger Hedgecock, will be speaking at the SAN DIEGO TEA PARTY – 2010. This Tea Party celebrates the 1 year anniversary of the first nationally-held rallies in support of smaller government/free markets AND focuses on California matters that can impact the national scene!
SAN DIEGO TEA PARTY 2010
* Date: Saturday, Feb. 27th.
* Time: 11 am to 1 pm.
* Place: Just NORTH of the Star of India along the beautiful Harbor Drive.
* Other key points:
— BRING SIGNS, and be prepared to SIGN PETITIONS!
— One of San Diego’s original citizen activists, Richard Rider, will also be speaking.
— We will be people from various of California Tea Party/Citizen Organizations speak or available to share information and updates.
— The Tea Party Comedy Team of Leslie and Charles will do a California-based skit. Rumor has it the ObamaGirl will be making an appearance!
— UPDATE: Bryan Bloom, owner of San Diego’s Priority Moving who has one of the most active champions for California businesses against the excesses of CARB (California Air Resources Board) will be discussing the impact of eco-regulations on the state’s economy (click HERE for more information).
We are absolutely thrilled to have Roger Hedgecock be the keynote speaker. He is no “Johnny Come Lately” to the Tea Party Movement. He was THE FIRST talk show host to actively support the Southern California Tax Revolt Coalition’s first effort 1 year ago. He had SoCal-TRC President, Dawn Wildman, on the program days PRIOR to the rally. With 600 participants, San Diego could proudly claim to have one of the largest events through the country that day. I am sure Dawn’s interview helped with that wonderful success.
There are three other reasons that I am personally thrilled that Roger will be joining us. Firstly, he graciously declined to hog the lime-light or self-promote while he attended the April 11, 2009 rally prior to the Tax Day Tea Parties last year. He also hosted “webinars” to help groups nationally host “Tax Day Tea Parties” — that lead to 800 events and over 500,000 participants across the country. Secondly, he has highlighted the non-partisan nature of the Tea Party movement constantly, and as a So-Cal TRC co-founder and a registered Democrat, I really appreciate this (especially when he got on Michael Steele during an exchange and chided the GOP head on Republican profligate spending). Thirdly, he is not charging SoCal-TRC for his appearance.
I can say that as a member of a TRULY non-profit community organization, I really appreciate that last fact the most. 🙂
I am really exited. FIRST OF ALL, THE CALIFORNIA SENATE RACE promises to be the TEA PARTY RACE to watch this NOVEMBER (one or two other races might be amusing, too). (MUT NOTE: Yes, Chuck Devore is to California what Scott Brown is to Massachusetts —minus the spread in Cosmopolitan. Assemblyman DeVore has also been an avid supporter of Tea Parties, expended a lot of effort in the victory of the May 2009 Proposition positions that helped financially unchain California’s citizens, and this Democrat finds his common-sense style and free market savvy something to be respected. He has graciously answered the questions of this DEMOCRAT and many other citizens during numerous Tea Party rallies and related events). CALIFORNIANS — WE NEED TO GET RID OF BABS!
CHECK OUT CHUCK!
At this Tea Party, we are covering a wide array of issues pertinent to Californians, which ultimately can impact the nation:
* The Repeal AB32 Petition Campaign (California’s version of Cap-and-Trade) launch date has been pushed back to February 9th.
* Reviewing our state environmental scandal, CARB-gate.
* ACTION ITEM: Check out the Part Time CA Legislature Petition!
* ACTION ITEM: Check out theThe Citizen Power Campaign (Pushing back on toxic combination of union and political elites). We are getting together the FIRST TEA PARTY PROPOSITION! Please help us reign in Union Power (like that of SEIU leadership) by joining and pushing the petition!
* Crushing SB 810: SB 810 will OUTLAW PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE IN CALIFORNIA. The full text of SB 810 is HERE! WE MUST ACT by calling California Senators; contact information for the California Senate can be found by clicking HERE! Michelle Malkin has more on the fiasco that is California’s Single payer HERE!