Dear Readers: It is hard to believe that almost a year has passed since TARP was enacted, Porkulus was passed, California Republicans caved to support a tax-raising budget, and Rick Santelli called for a Tea Party.
The members of the Southern California Tax Revolt Coalition, in conjunction with compatriot Tea Party groups, are preparing a one-year anniversary Tea Party to celebrate our victories and to outline the next year of goals. This will be held Feb. 27th — time and location TBA! We have a some exceptional guest speakers lined up, as well as some great entertainment. So, I hope many of you can save-the date.
Topics to be addressed include:
* Part Time CA Legislature Petition
* The Citizen Power Campaign(Pushing back on toxic combination of union and political elites).
* Stay tuned for our repeal AB-32 campaign (The California Version of Cap-and-Trade)! Historic launch scheduled for January 26th!
* Crushing SB 810: SB 810 will OUTLAW PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE IN CALIFORNIA. The full text of SB 810 is HERE! WE MUST ACT by calling California Senators; contact information for the California Senate can be found by clicking HERE!
At this point, I am calling on my Tea Party friends to send in contributions that can be published on this site. If you are so inclined, send me 2-3 sentences describing:
* What you think the most important Tea Party accomplishment has been this year.
* What ONE goal do you want the Tea Parties to achieve this year.
You can send it to: email@example.com — and ask that it be passed onto me, “The Blog Czar”.
MUT News and Views:
VOTING FEMALE SPEAKS HAS AN URGENT UPDATE! Apparently, Obama-Pelosi-Reid are going to attempt a Hail Mary pass to secure the toxic healthcare reform proposals. Details and links can be found HERE:
* “Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it.” A quote by Samuel Johnson, which is inspired by today’s news from Michelle Malkin: Fill in the blank: Obama proposing spending freeze is like…Like myself, she us asking for reader contributions today — please complete the analogy.
* Michael Weiss of Pajamas Media has a review of an aspect of the New York Senate race, which is to be watched as closely as our CA Senate Race: The Trouble with Harold Ford, Jr.. Hot Air has news on the Florida race, as well. As a reminder of where most of our Tea Party friends stand on the California senate race, I offer this (and a link to a listing of potential contenders):
* The Anchoress has amazing stories, updates, and analysis on the disaster in Haiti, which is MUT’S MUST READ of the day: Updates on Haiti, Kids & Ed – UPDATE.
* As this site follows Climate-gate/CARB-gate closely, I was interested in sharing this tidbit from Hot Air’s Ed Morrissey: CBS: You won’t believe the costs of Congressional junket to Copenhagen
* Obama is Ozymandias, but his statue in Indonesia won’t be left to crumble. Per Gateway Pundit: Indonesians Want Barry Obama Statue Removed From Park. (MUT’s Egyptology reference of the day — I couldn’t resist!)
* I have been paying attention to the Ben Bernake confirmation, and was wondering about his effectiveness. Our friend, W.C. Varones has, too; he has published this today: Wall Stree Journal: Bernake Sucks!