UPDATE: Green fantasies / Governor ignores anti-AB 32 evidence: Despite the facts showing:
* The global-warming fraud that is Climate-gate is well known.
* As a result, California’s touted Cap-and-Trade rule (AB-32) is built on a foundation of snake-oil science.
* AND implementation of AB-32 will decimate California’s economy
Our Governor will not concede he was lied to, and is continuing to peddle this regulatory crap. Next November cannot come soon enough for me! (PS. Government workers have NO incentive to truly solve problems and relinquish their power).
Dear Readers: Many of you have been following our citizen activism that is directed toward protecting California businesses from over-regulation, especially from the California Air Resources Board (CARB). I would like to report that our efforts, especially of those heroes I mention in my posts (e.g., Jeff, Bryan and Jim) have paid off in a small victory.
The California Air Resources Board gave truckers a break Wednesday on the state’s tough diesel emissions rules, acknowledging that the bad economy has both improved the state’s air quality and made anti-pollution upgrades unaffordable.
After a nearly seven-hour public hearing in Sacramento that featured more than 80 speakers including truckers, health and environmental advocates and even high school students from Oakland, the air board ordered modifications to the rules drawn up for consideration in April.
Those changes could include significant delays in enforcement of the rules, depending on how quickly the economy recovers. The board also could add new exemptions for small trucking fleets in rural areas and additional financial incentives for truckers to install exhaust filters or buy newer rigs.
We need to keep working! There is still much work to be done. For example, The initiative to suspend AB 32 (The California Version of Cap and Trade) is still in progress as we work toward getting a November Ballot initiative. We need 440,000 signatures by June 26th 2010.
In the spirit of “Star Wars”, I will offer this reminder to everyone:
MUT News and Views:
* Our friend, Charles Caesar, recommends the Big Government’s Congress-Specific page on their website, and a choice article or two: DEMS ALLOW FEDERAL FUNDING TO CORRUPT ACORN; Bob Creamer, Architect of Obamacare, and His Pattern of Corruption.
* Keep up our fight against Union/Political Power Elites: UNPLUG THE POLITICAL MACHINE! Help us by joining the Citizen’s Power movement to place the first Tea Party Proposition on the ballot.
* FIST-GATE: Gateway Pundit has been detailing the shocking news about “Safe School Czar”, Kevin Jennings. This is something that all concerned parents should be aware of, and protesting via Tea Party Activism. Be forewarned — the content is highly graphic.
* Anatomy of an Apocalypse, Or: Al Gore Flunks Logic (and the Polygraph), from the incomparable Roger Kimball of Pajamas Media.
* Breaking: Obama announces proposals aimed at saving a job, His, from Voting Female Speaks! (MYT Note: Funny!)
* As Charles Caesar did, our beloved Patroness (The Anchoress) also takes a look at our representatives — essential Reading: Congress of Lucy and Charlie Brown.
* In the Spirit of the Season, from Afrocity (a great website): Twelve Days of Obama Christmas.
As a paring holiday gift, here is Loreena McKennitt’s Snow: