Dear Friends: I have a happy problem. My paying business is taking off, so I have less time to opine. I realize I have been blessed with some regular readers. Therefore, during the crazy holiday season with its family, religious, and business obligations, I am hoping to post some “Money Links”, that I think are excellent reads.
To start: A nice version of my favorite carol:
It is likely blogging on this site will be erratic through the rest of the year. I am planning a trip to Michigan to visit family and friends during New Year as well. So, I hope my new-found friends can be patient and stop by for updates. I am hoping to return to regular opining the second week in January.
* Unplugging the Political Machine! TITLE AND SUMMARY ISSUED for CA’S FIRST TEA PARTY PROPOSITION: Amends the California Constitution to make it illegal to deduct from wages or earnings of a public employee any amount that will be used for political activities as defined. Prohibits any membership organization that receives public employee wage deductions from using those funds for any political activities, but does not apply to deductions for charitable organizations, health, life or disability insurance, or other purposes directly benefiting the public employee. Authorizes the Legislature and Fair Political Practices Commission to adopt related laws and regulations. Summary of estimate by Legislative Analyst and Director of Finance of fiscal impact on state and local government: Probably minor state and local government implementation costs, potentially offset in part by revenues from fines and/or fees.
* California Cap-and-Trade angers citizens. RALLY: STOP AB 32! Defeat California’s job-killing global warming law! This Wednesday (tomorrow) and Thursday, CARB is holding a board meeting in downtown Sacramento to discuss the implementation of AB32. We are hoping to have a handful of professionally dressed patriots there to hand out literature to industry folks who are coming to testify. This will be a great step forward as we attempt to qualify a repeal of AB32 for the November ballot.
* Senator Boxer compares Viagra to abortions (from the incomparable Kimberly Dvorak). Bab’s makes us so proud (big dose of holiday sarcasm)
* Gibbs: Obama’s crappy poll numbers are Gallup’s fault or something (from Allahpundit at Hot Air).
* SHATNER/LIMBAUGH: Where no interview has gone before. It’s surprisingly good, and deep. (via Instapundit)
* Tiger, Barack, and the Law of Transitivity — American Thinker makes some wonderful points about the false image presented by Obama and Woods, and reaches some interesting conclusions about Obama’s future based on Woods’ present.
* MUST READ ASSAULT ON PRIESTHOOD OF GLOBAL WARMING: TORQUEMADA IN EAST ANGLIA (from Hill Buzz)
* Boondoggling our way to energy independence (from beers with demo).