Dear Readers: I am slowly getting into the swing of things, after eating tons of great food for Thanksgiving. I wanted to give you a heads-up that I am giving up “Google” for the New Year. I am switching to bing.com. In part, it is because bing.com had a tasteful graphic commemorating Sept. 11th and Goggle had….nothing.
This is the same Goggle that went “dark” during some elite environmental demonstration. And the Anchoress notes, Goggle is trying to go “dark” about Climategate. She links to this piece by James Delingpole:
What is going on at Google? I only ask because last night when I typed “Global Warming” into Google News the top item was Christopher Booker’s superb analysis of the Climategate scandal.
It’s still the most-read article of the Telegraph’s entire online operation – 430 comments and counting – yet mysteriously when you try the same search now it doesn’t even feature. Instead, the top-featured item is a blogger pushing Al Gore’s AGW agenda. Perhaps there’s nothing sinister in this. Perhaps some Google-savvy reader can enlighten me…..
UPDATE: Richard North has some interesting thoughts on this. He too suspects some sort of skullduggery.
Speaking of Bing, and in keeping with the season, here is a little something by the original “Bing” — joined by one of my favorite entertainers:
I have used bing.com for a couple of months, and I really enjoy it. It has more tailored searches, more in keeping with my quests. Bing.com is also less cluttered — visually and ideologically.
I really don’t get this practice. We citizen activists have learned how to get around the legacy media since we began our protests this February. Do the proprietors of Google think so little of our intelligence, technical savvy, and passion that we wouldn’t figure out this “skullduggary”?
PS. As a history lover, I am sad to say that I have also been forced to give up wikipedia. Here are some reasons why:
Here is a helpful marketing hint from the Goddess of Flaming Capitalism : If you only cater to 20% of the population, it is likely you will not earn money from the other 80% (or at least the newly active 40%).