Dear Readers: A mixed bag of news today, to introduce a few blogroll inductees to the Flaming Capitalism Hall of Heroes. This post will also be a great chance to review a little mythology — TARTARUS, a deep, gloomy place, a pit, or an abyss used as a dungeon of torment and suffering that resides beneath the underworld.
* Tammy Bruce reported during her Weekend Roundup that the Virgina Legislature argued it was OK to send absentee ballots to military personnel severing abroad THE DAY BEFORE THE ELECTION. This is wrong and bad on some many levels, that surely the perpetrators of this disgrace should suffer in TARTARUS after death. More details can be located HERE.
MUT’s Money quote is:
The Virginia State Board of Elections argued in their most recent filing that they have no legal obligation to send out military absentee ballots in a timely manner. Restated, the State of Virginia has argued in a federal court filing that they can legally send out absentee ballots to active duty soldiers the day before an election. Restated again, theDemocratic Chairwoman of the Virginia State Board of Election (appointed by the Democratic National Committee Chair Tim Kaine, in his capacity as Virginia Governor) Jean Cunningham just claimed a legal basis for massively raising the barrier to voting for soldiers at war.
* Our Admired Patron, Instapundit, has a beautiful and wise wife, Dr. Helen. She has a blogspot, which I plan to blogroll. I think commentary from a forensic psychologist would be most timely. A great post from this site details the TARTARUS experienced by small businesses under the Obama Administration, which is chilling and should be of deep concern to flaming capitalists everywhere.
MUT’s Money Quote:
Commenter Sean says: Businesses aren’t hiring because no one knows what in the hell our economic system is going to look like 5 years, or even 5 months, from now. Will “Cap and Trade” get implemented as the Democrats hope? How much of an upheaval will “Healthcare Reform” end up being? Is the administration and Congress done overhauling regulation of the Financial Industry?
No prudent investor is going to bet their money (i.e., invest in growth) when it is conceivable that the government is going to radically alter how 50% of this nation’s economy functions.
Commenter RJGatorEsq. responds to Sean: Sean is absolutely correct. I am an employer. I know a lot of other small business owners. I, and they, are just about unanimous: “I need some help, but I am not going to hire until I see what Obama is planning to do to us.”
* Because federal politicians have needlessly turned off the water to California’s Central Valley, there is TARTARUS in this state. Fight for California details a recent trip to this area, with moving pictures of the food line and video.
MUT’s Money Quote:
Food shortages in the middle of the richest farmland in the world. It is very ironic. The ancestors of these multi-generational farms paid for the dams and irrigation systems that turned the desert into a bountiful land of green. Now all of their work and wealth is being flushed out to sea by politicians who have little or no concern for the human effect of their actions. Save the fish, bring back the salmon. Who are these arrogant environmentalists kidding? It is certainly not the families helping to give out rations to the people who grow the food for the world.
Other MUT News:
* I will be blogrolling Voting Female Speaks, because I am one AND they have been very supportive of my humble efforts. There is tons of humor and insight there, so please check them out. Today’s post is a classic example: Fringe Media: GOP roots against America; this is why you don’t send a US presidents to do an emmissary’s job.
* I will also be Blogrolling Viking Pundit, as I like Danes, Vikings, and smarts.
* Michelle Malkin has a report on the thuggish SEIU, a group that has helped create TATARUS in California.
Finally, as I am discussing the Underworld and this is the season of ghosts, the Anchoress inspires some thought with today’s post — Dearly Departed & Phone lines…