Dear Readers: If you actually have some spare money, and a little time either before or after the Aug. 28th March on Sacramento — Saving California from Big Government Eco-Regulation — you can come to the GREAT CALIFORNIA GARAGE SALE! Details are HERE.
* Most items will be sold at a set price; vehicles and higher value items will be auctioned.
* Everything is on a “first come, first serve” basis.
*Items are “cash and carry” only – you must pick them up at the time of purchase. Vehicles must be picked up within five days.
* Price of most items will be based on average sale prices from previous auctions; higher priced items will be appraised.
* The only methods accepted for payment for all garage sale items are cash, cashier’s check, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or Discover.
* We do not accept cash for vehicles.
* Computers will be sold with a “blank slate” containing no operating system.
Perhaps once they experience the joys of free market capitalism for themselves, our government power-mongering bureaucrats might loosen the reigns that stifle our state’s entrepreneurs (e.g., repeal Ab32/CA Cap&Trade by supporting AB 118).
More than likely, the state workers will find a way to muck-it-up, such as the feds threatening to investigate yard sales and church bazaars under the banner of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act.
More news and notes: From the Mighty Michelle today, as they relate to the eco-tyranny and bureaucrats/union supporters that hinder California’s prosperity.
In other solid reads today:
Afrocity ties in my favorite sport with current events with: “Maybe Next Term”: Portrait of a Presidential Rookie. Go to the link for some classic pictures.
Junkfood Science: Online social media — marketing in disguise
Finally, the Anchoress and I both noted that PJTV’s Bill Whittle prepared a wonderful video summation of the history of Political Correctness and its historical ties to Marxist ideology. It is GREAT viewing, especially for those of us who like to gain historical insights into current events.