Dear Friends: A real mixed bag of information today, I will plunge in with the details on many topics as they relate to the new series of protests planned nationwide for this Friday, August 14th:
There will also be a nationwide, simultaneous protest of government run healthcare on Friday, Aug. 14 th at 12:00 noon PST. Tea Party Patriots is working nationally and the Southern California Tax Revolt Coalition, LLC (SoCal-TRC, LLC) is working state-wide to organize a protest in front of Senators’ and Congressman’s office across the nation and throughout California.
“We are asking San Diego citizens to voices their concerns to any of their representatives’ offices in the county,” said Sarah Bond, co-founder of the Southern California Tax Revolt Coalition. “We are asking citizens to bring letters and petitions to hand deliver. We all need to register our sentiments regardless of whether or not our representatives are supporting the legislation. This will be a day they will not soon forget”.
The Southern California Tax Revolt Coalition website provides the local addresses to the pertinent national legislators’ offices. These legislators include Senator Diane Feinstein, Senator Barbara Boxer, and Congressional Representatives Davis and Filner,. SoCal-TRC, LLC will be focusing its grassroots rallies at the offices of Filner, Davis, Feinstein, Boxer:
750 B Street, Suite 1030
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 231-9712
600 B Street, Suite 2240
San Diego, CA 92101
4305 University Avenue, Suite 515
San Diego, CA 92105
CONGRESSMAN BOB FILNER
Rep. Bob Filner 333 F Street,
Suite A, Chula Vista, CA
1101 Airport Road, Suite D,
Imperial Beach, CA
It will be a classic picket protest, so we are asking people to bring signs and wear comfortable shoes. Dawn Wildman, President of SoCal-TRC, LLC said that the group was expecting counter-protestors and encouraged peaceful engagement.
Over 100 citizens picketed Boxer’s and Feinstein’s offices on our July 17th event. The Tea Party organizations had participants at all the congressional and senatorial offices throughout the state for simultaneous protests of proposed healthcare system reform plans. This included a 150-citizen rally in front of Rep. Bono’s Palm Springs office in 115 degree heat.
Related to the healthcare rallies discussed today, I wanted to draw your attention to the following related items in the news and in the blogs of some dear compatriots.
* As a former employee of a pharmaceutical research company, I an saddened that the drug companies have seemingly sold out to the Obama Administration so that they can sell their painkillers profitably — at the expense of the average American, who will not have access to alternative forms of treatment. My compatriot, W.C. Varones, has the grim details. He states:
President Obama: I need to be flagged. I’ve had some doubleplusungood thoughts about your health care plan.
* My dear editor at the San Diego News Network, who has been kind enough to give me a great soapbox to promote issues related to my “community organizing”, has developed a new section: The State of Your Health Care.
I’ve always believed the best civic journalism included educating readers about the issues surrounding their government rather than just informing. Holding on tightly to that belief, SDNN Politics has launched a special section titled “The state of your health care” (Can be found under the Politics tab).
In this section, you’ll see health care coverage from all parts of the government: federal, state and local to alternative forms of health care and to preventive care.
I encourage all San Diego area citizens, and other Californians, to check back on this section regularly. I remind my fellow Californians that a state version of the “single-payer” plan is being considered.
* Anyone who thinks that the proposals being rammed through congress aren’t aimed at creating a single payer system must read Ed Morrisey’s analysis of Michael Barone’s review today in Hot Air.
Michael analyzes a video posted last May by Verum Serum (also posted at Hot Air) in which the origins of the Trojan horse of a public plan get revealed. He concludes that the primary dishonesty in this debate is the attempt by the White House to scrub its record of supporting single payer.
* Michelle Malkin has essential healthcare reading: Rep. Tsongas tries to explain why Congress is exempt from Obamacare. Fails.; Better Astroturfing through Craigslist; Update: Soros pours another $5 million into fake grass-roots; Um, who’s bought and paid for by the drug lobby? ; Death panels? What death panels? Oh, those death panels..
* Gateway Pundit has literally been that — giving us a look at what happens after Obama’s SEIU Union thugs were sent in to squash dissent. The St. Louis Tea Party had a rally in front of SEIU local offices, and I was following their protest closely — and praying for their safety. GP as a chilling series of stories that are must reads for all American citizens: It Has Begun… Father of Handicapped Son Receives Threats After Confronting Dem Congressman; Figures… Leftists Hurl Racist Insults at Black Man After Horrible Beating ; Help Wanted… Dems Now Advertising for Rent-a-Mob Associates on Craig’s List;
* Finally, I would like to point all my dear patriots to this post: OK, Kids: Protests = Good; Disrupting Meetings, Punching People, Hurling Racial Slurs, Etc. = Bad
The author of this post has the temerity to equate real, authentic citizen passion at the debacle of the health reform legislative process to the thuggish tactics used by professional leftist agitators (again, review Gateway Pundit’s posts for clarity). This “nuanced balanced” approach to nirvana did not go quite as planned by this “liberal” pundit. It seems none of the citizens who have been involved with the grassroots efforts accept his premises — and the title of his post takes the elitist, condescending tenor I have come to really despise among supposed academic/professional “betters”.
The authors descriptions of what went down in Tampa and St. Louis are distorted. The author states that the “public plan option would likely reduce costs” — despite enormous evidence to the contrary. Further, the author seems to indicate that “single payer” is not the goal — when all evidence is that it is clearly the desire of President Obama to develop a single payer government systems.
I would like all Tea Party participants to give Dissenting Justice the benefit of your experiences and insights — as it is obvious he has not really been involved with the tea Party movement and is in no position lay down such judgments.
MUT MOVIE NOTE!
Since the Obama Administration is keen on sending us back to the 1970’s here’s a trailer for a Logan’s Run TV series. Based on my review of their policy pundits, I believe it won’t be so much a Death Panel but Carousel! Hence, I will be featuring Logan’s Run as the Iconic American Movie of the Week!
Obama: All the compassion of a Sandman, with none of the good looks.