NEWS UPDATE I: CA Farmers Fight to Prevent Dust Bowl II.
NEWS UPDATE II: California Air Resources Board — California Eco-Bureaucrats’ Voodoo Science Kills Jobs
Dear Readers: “This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.” This Plato quote aptly describes the eco-tyrants’ suppression of American liberties, while insisting that they are saving sacred nature from the evils of mankind.
We Californians are currently being subjugated by eco-tyrants, perhaps as no other group of American citizens before us. Therefore, Tea Party groups throughout the state are uniting to organize the following event:
MARCH ON SACRAMENTO
OPPOSING the ECO-TYRANNY CONTROLLING CALIFORNIA
Date: Friday, August 28, 2009.
Time: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Location: Steps of the Capitol Building
We urge all liberty-minded Americans throughout the region to descend on Sacramento. We want to show both state and national politicians that patriots will no longer stand by and permit our people, farms, and businesses to be sacrificed on the alter of “Gaia”, poor science, and elitist opinion.
Eco-tyrants abound, and I plan to discuss many them in detail over the next month. To begin these examinations, I want to show you the faces of some local eco-tyrants. In this YouTube video, eco-tyrants are yelling at fellow citizens, families who are legally using the adjacent beach area, because the tyrants want the area to be a “seal sanctuary”.
A Californian at the beach area said that one of the eco-tyrants (the young man who gesticulated at the videographer at 0:30 min), “….then aggressively followed the family, which included two young kids, to their car to video their licenses plate.” A woman calls another,”….retarded“, when the polite citizen informs her that the taunted families have a legal right to be there. Supposedly the eco-tyrants want to chase off people because miscreant humans might harm the seals — despite the fact these animals are apparently habituated to man and peacefully coexist with us, as observable in this picture below:
There is much history to this entire story, but in a nutshell, there is a lawful legacy that leaves the area as a protected enclave to be used by children as a safe swimming area; a series of events happened in the mid-1990’s that created an unnatural seal colony; ultimately, judicial tennis has been played as family-oriented residents try to restore the area back to use for citizens in the face of “touchy-feely” seal advocates. (If you are so inclined, please contact the San Diego City Council and let them know, politely, what you think of the matter…especially if you do intend to visit the area; alternatively, lend what aid you can to the Friends of the Children’s Pool).
This is a local example of a national problem. Michelle Malkin has been describing one of Obama’s 32 new “czars” in horrific detail. The “Science Czar”, one of the key leaders of supposedly science-based matters in the new administration, authored a book called “ECOSCIENCE.” Among other atrocities, the tome calls for involuntary fertility control to protect earth from human breeders. Furthermore, Science Czar John P. Holdren, has an academic hero who likened his fellow humans to a “pulsating mass of maggots”. He also has ideas on “de-development”.
It seems that Obama’s new “Regulatory Czar” is a raving animal rights nut. Cass Sunstein, the Harvard Law professor nominated by the president to the post is a big fan of Peter Singer, a bioethics professor at Princeton University who has made anti-human statements such as “killing a newborn baby is never equivalent to killing a person, that is, a being who wants to go on living.” Sunstein has also supported outlawing sport hunting, giving animals the legal right to file lawsuits and using government regulations to phase out meat consumption.
These men, who obviously take the tact that humans are “unnatural” to the pristine environment, will be directing national policy on a wide scope of issues.
One of the most toxic pieces of legislation derived from this type of thinking is California’s Global Warming Climate Bill (AB 32, which the state version of Cap and Trade). This bill has strangled business in our state to the point of complete economic destruction. To compound matters, our legislators continue to push bills through that will only make our draconian laws even harder on businesses (e.g., AB 19, the Carbon Footprint Labeling Bill that requires all products shipped into our state to have a carbon footprint label on them).
Most California paper products are now being imported into our state because the AB 32 laws essentially make diesel run chippers used in the logging process illegal to operate. Golden California — rich with timber resources — must import the vast majority of building materials from other states. Regulations are so onerous that it now costs 30% more to bring a standard 2×4 to market in California than it does in Oregon or Washington. Our loggers can’t work.
Our farmers in the Central Valley have had the water shut off to their fields by eco-tyrants. Our farmers are losing crops, and will eventually their land. AB 32, in combination with congresssional protection of the delta smelt have the potential to create Dust Bowl conditions. There is 39% unemployment in some parts of California, and old “Okies” are fleeing a state that was once rich in opportunity.
Despite the need to resurrect the housing market and repair our roadways, cement manufacturers are also the victims of eco-tyranny. California cement manufacturers are deemed as not currently meeting the California Air Resources Board Commission requirements. Interesting to note is that this Commission is one of 543 in a bureaucratically-bloated state sucking away tax-payer dollars as they inhibit the prosperity of citizens.
Environmental academics and theoreticians consider humans as “numbers“, “statistics” and “pests”. This thinking is prevalent in the Obama Healthcare Reform Package, which fortunately is going down to defeat is part of the ongoing efforts of American citizens to protect our mostly sound medical system.
To prepare for the MARCH ON SACRAMENTO this August 28, I plan to delve into many topics related to eco-tyranny. These diverse subjects will include:
* The attempt to make humans the main executors of all the cute animals on the planet, despite the fact Mother Earth has nearly erased life on at least 2 separate occasions, neither of which involved man (“Snowball Earth” and “Permian Extinction“). In fact, all of humanity was nearly obliterated 70,000 years ago (hint – it wasn’t by SUVs). A new book out highlights a refreshing new earth model using another mythological analogy that I find more true: The Medea Hypothesis: Is Life on Earth Ultimately Self-Destructive?.
* A review of toxic environmental policies based on “feelings” and poor science that have left millions of innocent people dead.
* A look at the national forest policy, which has a definitive anti-logger attitude, and how it creates wild fire conditions (including the 2003 fire that nearly destroyed my home and killed 16 Americans).
* A look at eco-tyrants trying to oppose genetically-modified crop development, despite the fact that resources such as vitamin A enriched rice have the potential to be a boon to women and children around the globe. A laughable approach, because man’s entire history of farming has been the genetic modification of crops and livestock to produce more with less — which, I thought, was an environmentalist goal.
* The media’s suppression of environmental success stories, such as the lowering level of nitrogen oxides in the United States and return of fish species to previously polluted waterways. (MUT Note: It seems the much vaunted Canadian way is less eco-friendly than our American approach to the Great Lakes Environment).
* Countering the Grand Religion of Global Warming Mantra. There is much evidence that we are experiencing a global cooling trend. The debate on man’s effect on the climate is far from over, as indicated by the 31,000 Petition Project environmental professional signatories. I will categorically state that many of us Tea Party members are angered by Newt Gingrich’s interjection into the topics our groups are addressing, as he was a blatant proponent of man-caused global warming along with his couch-pal Nancy Pelosi. We will not forget how he “threw us under the bus” to be run over by the eco-tyrants.
* Finally, we need to have a sensible look at risk assessment. For too long, people have been allowed to think that “man-made” chemicals are “toxic” and “natural ones” are better. Alar was a relatively safe pesticide used to protect crops; rat studies of exposures that were the equivalent of 4,000 gallons of apple juice per day for life in humans were part of an outrageous smear campaign that played on the public fears to outlaw it. Yet, people routinely drink alcoholic beverages — and ethanol (what gives the brew its bang) is toxic, carcinogenic, and a reproductive toxin.
I have been an environmental professional for over 20 years, assisting citizens and business owners handle the complex array of regulations and the safety hazards associated with biological and chemical materials. I know, from first hand experience, how my fellow citizens strive to keep their people and the environment protected from chemical and biological contamination. Americans are recycling at increasing levels. Americans regularly spend their recreation time cleaning-up pollution on a voluntary basis. Inventive citizens are routinely creating new technologies that protect and improve the environment.
My fellow citizens have worked hard and long, focusing on their families, friends and businesses. Their reward has been to be painted as parasites on the body of holy mother Gaia, to be called “breeders” for wanting to have more than one child, and to have the fruits of their labors extracted from them to support eco-tyrants. This must stop. If we are to prevail with reason and sound science, we must act now.
Edmond Burke noted that, “Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.” March with us on August 28 to oppose eco-tyranny.
UPDATE: A big hat-tip to W.C. Varones for a balanced look at the La Jolla Children’s Pool issue.
THANK YOU to FIRE ANDREA MITCHELL for the kind link and support.
THANK YOU to FOUNDING BLOGGERS for your link and description: This is a very interesting development because it appears to be an evolutionary step toward consolidating disparate Tea Party movements across the state into an actionable force. Let’s see what they can organize in a month.
MUT’s Money Links:
A Democrat Congressman won’t meet with his constituents in a Townhall format, because there “truthers” or something. Peterson is probably more worried with the support he gave to Obama’s agenda on cap-and-trade than it does with him being frightened away by conspiracy theorists. However, it is an example of detachment from a law-maker on the constituents who have to live with the laws.
In a related story, House Speaker and fellow Californian does not care if she is trusted! It is my hope that my fellow Californians do not return this woman to power in 2010 — she is a danger to all Americans.
Instapundit has a wonderful link useful to us Tea Party patriots: RUIN A PROFESSIONAL AGITATION GROUP’S DAY. Rosita the Prole does a wonderful send-up of Alinksy’s rules for radicals, tailored for Tea Party goers!
To give you an example of eco-tyrannical elitist hubris, here is NYT pundit Thomas Friedman’s explanation on how why we Americans need to reduce our carbon footprint. Here is his carbon footprint.
Tammy Bruce discusses the pathetic state of the state in the Fox Strategy Room:
Here is something from Michelle Malkin on the left’s organizing principles to consider: Asked about his organizing philosophy, Andy Stern summed it up this way: “[W]e prefer to use the power of persuasion, but if that doesn’t work we use the persuasion of power.”