Dear Readers: I was thrilled to see one of my favorite humorists, Evan Sayet at the “Wake Up America” event held in Los Angeles last week. I was delighted to learn that he has a new book out: THE KINDERGARDEN OF EDEN — How the Modern Liberal Thinks and Why He Thinks Ignorance is Bliss.
CANTO TALK UPDATE: Wonderful news — Sayet will be joining Silvio Canto Jr. and myself on Thursday, Nov. 1st at 7 pm PST/9 pm CT/10 pm EST to discuss his book and the status of the election just prior to THE BIG DAY (click HERE and keep an eye out for the program link)!
“When I say the Modern Liberal is morally and intellectually retarded at the level of the five-year-old child it is not hyperbole, it’s a diagnosis,” said Sayet. “It’s one that, as we shall see, is shared by a good many others – including, albeit it typically unwittingly, Modern Liberals themselves. For now, here’s how Dr. Dan Kiley put it in his New York Times bestseller, The Peter Pan Syndrome: Look to your children, or to the child of a friend. And ask yourself: what would happen if his body grew up but his mind didn’t?“
“The modern liberal as a naive ideology that was ridiculed until after World War Two,” noted Sayet. “Essentially, after that time, technology vanquished a lot of hardships like infectious disease and hunger. So the modern liberal replaced intellect by feelings. This explains a lot of their policies, which have are consistently shown to be failures. There was a reason for that old-fashioned ridicule”.
Though Sayet is a stand-up comedian, he is also a weighty conservative pundit as well. His detailed and informative talks are peppered with funny quips and one-liners, but which go to make his solid points all the more memorable. His serious work includes “Regurgitating the Apple: How The Modern Liberal ‘Thinks,’” which he delivered to the Heritage Foundation. Andrew Breitbart calls that talk “One of the five most important conservative speeches ever given.”
For your viewing pleasure:
Sayet describes himself as a “9-13 Republican” . He indicates that while the events on September 11, 2001 didn’t surprise him, the liberal behavior the day after shook him.
“What surprised me is what I call “9-12.” That’s my shorthand for the days, weeks, months, and now years after 9-11 and my fellow Liberals’ response to the attacks. The idea that we deserved it – that it was, in the words of Barack Obama’s “spiritual mentor,” Jeremiah Wright, “The chickens coming home to roost” – and that the way to prevent further attacks was to be nicer to the terrorists was insane to me.
Here we were facing the most obvious case of good versus evil of my lifetime, and those I’d thought were the good and smart guys – the Liberals – were not only taking the side of evil, but they were often lying and making the most hateful, anti-American arguments in order to do so.
Why was this? How could this be? This is what I needed to know, and it is what I began to study, contemplate, discuss, and debate for what has now been more than a decade.
Some items of interest in his current book:
- He describes the differences between two classes of Modern Liberals: The True Believer and The Mindless Foot Soldier.
- How the descent into modern liberalism began: Prior to the Modern Liberal era, the unrivaled success of Western Civilization was due to the healthy balance that was struck between the scientific and the extra-scientific, between craft and art, between the tangible and the imagination or, in my favorite locution, between Athens and Jerusalem….In the Modern Liberal era, Athens and Jerusalem lay in ruins.
- Progressive Regression: Not only could a world without God or science not progress, but the entire purpose of Modern Liberalism was to so totally regress humanity that mankind would return to the very first day of man on earth.
- Forever (Very) Young: The reason that this retardation occurs at the age of five and not say, three, seven or ten, is that five is exactly the age at which something happens to virtually every American child: he enters kindergarten. It is then and there that the Modern Liberal “educators” get control of America’s children on a full-time basis for the first time. And it is from that moment and for the next several decades – the whole of his formative years and then some – that the child is taught the pillars of the Cult of Indiscriminateness and where he is then rewarded and punished on no other basis than his adherence to the rules of the cult.
- Fear and Loathing of Earned Wages: Given that the reward of having a job is “nothing but the pain,” and the cost is the loss of one’s soul, the Modern Liberal is convinced that anyone who works for a living must fall into one of only three categories: too stupid to know, too desperate to care, or too greedy to mind.
- IF YOU’RE SO SMART, WHY AIN’T YOU RICH AND, IF YOU’RE SO RICH, WHY AIN’T YOU SMART? Imagine if tomorrow disease hunger, poverty and physical pain were to return. Imagine that times soon grew so tough that resources simply could no longer be so mindlessly diverted to people whose product consisted of nothing more than words sometimes cleverly spoken. Imagine a time when only those who could prove their worth by producing tangible results would be rewarded.
- The Blueprint for Utopia: In “Imagine,” Lennon promises the world paradise, but only once people are left with nothing to believe in or care about.
If the current poll numbers are any indication, it looks like people are beginning to clue in as to what Modern Liberalism is really about — and will be shaking things up Nov. 6!