WELCOME PROFESSOR JACOBSON/LEGAL INSURRECTION FANS!!! I have a lot of great tidbits in this post, which I hope you enjoy.
Dear Friends: HAPPY DAY AFTER TAXES. I hope you survived relatively intact and solvent.
I am slowly getting all systems back on-line after recovering from hip-replacement surgery following a freak accident. I thought I would have more energy to blog, since sitting and typing is about all I am good for. However, after walking 5 minutes without the walker today, I feel I have run a marathon.
So, I hope you all remain patient with me, as I hope to get back to more regular opining by next week. There is a ton of news, and developments related to the June and November elections this year, that need to be shared. That being said, I have kept up with my surfing — the internet, that is. Here are some great news tidbits that were amusing or informative, which I thought you might enjoy.
After all, laughter is a great analgesic.
2) Legal Insurrection/Professor Jacobson cover the penultimate response to the charger Romney is cruel to pets: Obama has actually eaten dogs. Team Hillbuzz once was very concerned about how Seamus-on-cartop stories would be used against Romney: I think that this concern can be put to bed….with a side of fries.
FLAMING HOT CAPITALISM PROMOTION: Charles Caesar is marketing #ObamaDogRecipe T-shirts (click HERE to order).
I am thrilled to see that between Ann Romney’s Nuclear Response to “Rosengate” and the plethora of tweets, t-shirts,buttons, and graphics related to #ObamaDogRecipes, Team Romney seems to have the “fire in the belly” to defeat the Once.
UPDATE: HOTAIR POSTS THE HILARIOUS HITLER PARODY VIDEO OF OBAMA EATS DOG. MUST SEE YOUTUBE!!!! Also, check out #ObamaDogMovies on Twitter. My Tweet:
4) B-Daddy details push-polling from the Nathan Fletcher campaign, and gives a great example of how to handle it. I don’t know about you, but I have been inundated with calls for “research”, “opinions” and “polling”.
5) For those of you with a scientific bent, Word Warrior covers NASA’s Global Warming Inanity.
6) Fore more humor, check out Shane Atwell’s blog piece featuring some hilarious political cartoons from Michael Rameriz: LOOK! Rich People!!!
7) Today is “Equal Pay Day”, and Shrine friend Teri O’Brein details why it is a scam!A snippet of this really great piece: ….unmarried college-educated males between the ages of 40 and 64 earn nearly 15 percent less than their female counterparts. In addition, female college students tend to major in “soft,” touchy-feely pseudo-sciences like psychology, education or English, while men are more likely to choose accounting, computer science or engineering, the latter being known as majors in which students actually learn to something extremely productive and therefore high-paying.
8) NoOneofAnyImport is weighing if Rosengate is important, or a distraction from all sorts of really bad, sad news. I will just point out that Instapundit covers another aspect, which I view as far more important: The Tea Party is America’s Greatest Feminist Movement. As SoCal Tax Revolt Coalition, the San Diego area’s premier tea party group, was co-founded by three working moms, I can attest to the truth of this.
Sitting on the Edge of the Sandbox expands a bit on this topic, with how to afford the luxury of NOT working at home.
Related, but far less humorous (though inspiring and life-affirming in many ways) is this story: Canadian, American Fight to Save India’s Disappearing Daughters
10) KT Cat touches upon the fruits of Eurosocialism, but I think a better view comes from this story: Angry Roman centurions besiege Colosseum – Complete with red skirts, tunics, armour, swords and feathered helmets, the protesting centurions clashed with police in front of the city’s tourist attraction, the Colosseum, built in the times of Ancient Rome. As my family took a few pics with these entrepreneurs while we were in Rome, this story caught my eye.
11) For even more merriment, check out Lonely Conservative’s post: Clown Auditions for Job Outside GSA Hearings — “It’s a tough economy, so it makes sense for an experienced clown and mindreader to submit resumes to a federal agency that’s shown a willingness to hire for those positions. In all seriousness though, the outrageous bills racked up by the individuals at GSA are symptomatic of the sprawling federal bureaucracy and its lack of accountability to taxpayers. Bankrupting America hopes this tongue-in-cheek show will highlight the wasteful spending occurring throughout the federal government.”
Finally, three pieces for my history-lovers:
- Part 8 of Word Warrior’s Age of Arthur series.
- TWITTER BACKLASH TO PEOPLE WHO DIDN’T REALIZE “TITANIC” WAS AN ACTUAL EVENT…NOT JUST A MOVIE. Sadly, some of these people will be voting in November.
- EGYPT ALERT!!! Check out The Sirius Project: Founded by Dr. John Ward and Dr. Maria Nilsson in cooperation with the Historical Preservation Society (HPS). The team members document the origin and development of ancient symbolism, and how it spread with the exodus of Egyptian priests throughout the Mediterranean World and beyond. A topic that caught my eye: Ptolemy II and Arsinoë Philadelphos and the ancient roots of consanguineous marriages