Dear Readers: My opining has been less than I like, because I have had to focus on profit-oriented work as my beloved husband Horemheb is enjoying the “Obama Economy.” God has blessed me with some good assignments, but I am tired and deeply worried about the future. One treat I am looking forward to is the new version of the classic TV gothic soap opera, Dark Shadows. I recall racing home from elementary school to watch the program with my mom. Being of Romanian heritage, we were very attracted to the vampires!
However, there are many shadows darkening the future I would like to mention in this post:
* The North Carolina DEMOCRATIC Governor wants to suspend the 2012 elections. I just heard the audio on the Rush Limbaugh show — she was not joking. Given the fact that elite progressives thing the US Constitution is an antiquated set of rules, I think the current batch would be OK putting our founding document in front of a death panel. I hope the good people of North Carolina call for Bev Perdue to resign, or at least stop her corrupt reelection campaign.
* Thousands line up for food stamps, yet I am suppose to believe that unemployment is under 10% and this line only included people in need because of the floods. I don’t know which aspect is darker — the fact that our elite media is covering up DEPRESSION-ERA STYLE FOOD LINES or that Americans are excited about “free money”.
*OBAMACARE is looking over America’s future: Go to Charles Caesar’s site to find the WH petition the administration will be forced to address if they get 5000 signatures.
* In terms of California, as KT notes — we are living off the decisions made by Californians 40 years ago. This is a dark thing, indeed.
* Race relations are deteriorating, and smears on solid citizens are continuing. Gateway Pundit has the following report: Flash Mob Home Break-In Edition: Philly Mob Busts into “White Mother-F**ker’s” House – Beats Him With Pipes (Video). The account is chilling, and involves a father trying to protect two white teens. Something that is a bit more upbeat comes via Legal Insurrection: African-American Tea Party activist invites Morgan Freeman(who stated Tea Party participants were racist). The money quote is as follows:
My name is Ali Akbar. I’m a 26 year-old African-American small business owner and a tea party activist….
I’ve attended dozens of tea party events. I’ve helped organize them, and I’ve even spoken at a few. … Your comments about the tea party have caused me physical pain. … I work hard, pay my taxes, love Jesus, and I’m good to my family and community. In effect, your comments have stereotyped an entire group of people. And I know in my soul that you must regret that on some level….
I’m hoping that you’ll come to a tea party in Tennessee — the place of your birth. Really anywhere in the country that works for you; I’ll set it up with the one of the thousands of activists I know around our great country. I’d be delighted to introduce you to good people who will welcome you with open arms, disagree with you, and then feed you some of the best barbeque you’ve ever tasted.
Racism is an ugly thing, but I assure you that it is part of our past, not our present… It takes bravery to admit that you may have made a mistake. But, for Geel Piet, bravery is like breathing. It’s just something you do.
* The unrest in Egypt is continuing unabated. Over 90,000 Copts have left Egypt since March; these working-class Christian Egyptians are one of the few wealth producing groups in the country. I can’t say I blame them after the New Year’s slaughter of their people at a church by Islamic extremists – who now seem to be in charge of the region. Additionally, archeologists are striking and closing down sites throughout Egypt and the head of the Supreme Council of Antiquities has resigned (he replaced the famous Zahi Hawass).
* The GOP field is not so illuminating. Byron York is an elite pundit — I know for a fact he made up something about the lack of support for Palin at an event while practically seated next to Palinista Supreme, Tammy Bruce. So I take with a grain of salt and a heavy peppering of skepticism that his statement Republicans are happy with the GOP field. SLOB B-Daddy isn’t. And despite the fact I am a Democrat, I know there are many Republicans who clamor to see Palin enter, too.
Getting back to Dark Shadows: It seems Johnny Depp is taking the vampire look back to its earlier, pre-”Twilight” form. He is striving to look like Johnathon Frid, the original Barnabas Collins. I can only hope that Nov. 2012 has citizens returning to some fiscal and small government sanity, too.
Texas astronomer Donald Olson says the “Frankenstein shining moon” account Mary Shelley used to sell her book actually existed, going against what other critics said was nothing but a made up story to sell her novel….To verify the story the astronomer and his team performed “extensive topographic measurements of the terrain” at Villa Diodati and then examined the weather records for June of 1816. Olson says while it is normally wet and cloudy during that time in the region it was actually a “bright night” with a “gibbous moon” which would have led to the moon’s light shining through her window at approximately 2 a.m. on June 16.