UPDATE: Check out the CALIFORNIA TEA PARTY PROPOSITION (CLICK here – Freeing State Employees from Union-Political Elite’s Deal: CA’s 1st TEA PARTY INITIATIVE). Click HERE for an awesomely funny Tina Few/SNL spoof!
Dear Readers: It is not often that I become disheartened with the current national/economic/political environment, but I found myself on the brink of despair this weekend. I really think we need an BIG GOVERNMENT EXORCISM!
Today’s post is a bit of a news roundup, with a strong appeal to those of you who can, please attend our to the next San Diego Tea Party Tax Revolt Event. The focus will be on ECO-TYRANNY and helping TURN THE CALIFORNIA WATER BACK ON!
Time: 10 am – 11:30 am (MUT Note: There will be a special surprise guest introduction!!!)
Day: Saturday, Oct. 17
Location: By the Star of India, on Harbor Dr. in San Diego
HOST and INFO: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TAX REVOLT COALITION.
Here are some chilling news tid-bits; I swear that demonic possession is the only explanation for some of this stuff!
* St. Eric holds the keys to Government Control Hell! A U.S. Senate rider related to a House-passed bill permits the Attorney General to classify entities as “hate groups”. Imagine our current one, Eric Holder — the bane of fiscally responsible/small government supporters everywhere, having the power to categorize these groups. The creepy wording is found in HR2647, and details can be found in the Red State post from NightTwister (click HERE for a must-read). It makes me wonder if certain contentious lefty activists, who should “take off their pajamas, get dressed and get real”, will make the list with us!?!
MUT NOTE: Our friend, Beers with Demo, has a more detailed analysis; click here for a great read.
* Republican Senators sell their souls to the Energy Devil. Michelle Malkin reports that Lindsay Graham signs on to Cap-and-Trade, which will condemn the rest of the country to the living hell we endure in California.In fact, the ECO-TYRANNY Tea Party on Oct. 17th will focus on our efforts to repeal AB 32, which is killing our state’s economy.
* Sure sign that the Apocalypse is at hand: I agree with Senator Diane Feinstein! Ed Morrissey of Hot Air reports that on a Sunday Morning Talk Show:
Feinstein completely rejected the notion that the US could live with a resurgent Taliban, and warned that it would have a “dramatic impact” on Pakistan if the US pulled out of Afghanistan. Feinstein also questioned why Barack Obama would have appointed Gen. Stanley McChrystal to lead the effort if the White House didn’t run with his “very solid recommendations…
I normally hesitate to comment on military matters — my own expertise being confined to battles such as Kadesh and Actium. However, I am heart-broken that our troops aren’t promptly getting the needed support they requested, and the current administration is more interested in political gamesmanship and spinning the truth to diminish real threats. I believe that IF Obama and his team do not wish to fight the Taliban and Al-Queda fully, then pull our troops and take the consequences — and there will be consequences. I don’t want another mother’s son to die protecting mine, if our country does not do all in its power to protect and support that soldier in the field of battle.
* CA Governor is has been POSSESSED. Fight for California reports that our Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger gave a rousing speech in support of turning on the water to the farms during a recent event. His video is below:
Yet, Sir Anthony (a friend to this site) provided this report today — indicating that, despite his promise NOT to sign any bill until the water was turned on, our dear Governor has signed 89!
* Battling the Senate Finance Committee! Our merry band of agitators has located a site that could make contacting the committee easier, so that we could continue our battle against big government control of our health and lives (MUT Note: the single payer Massachusetts’ plan, the “gold standard” of the federal vision, is now forcing patients into second tier facilities. As our Admired Patron, Instapundit notes — Think of them as “life” panels, because they’ll decide if you get to live!). If you are NOW inspired to act, here is the fax information:
1. Go to http://ciafax.ning.com/
2. A fax has already been prepared although you can elect to write your own.
3. Fill out all of the information under Step 1.
4. Select the Responsible Healthcare Fax.
5. After you send the fax, they ask for a donation to maintain operating costs. This is optional.
Of course, if you have the time and inclination, PLEASE WRITE AN ORIGINAL PROTEST AND SEND IT TO THE COMMITTEE — full details an be found by clicking HERE and an example letter can be found by clicking HERE.
* The Big Chill: The Anchoress today has a great analysis of Global Warming fakery, especially as it applies to the Patron Saint of Global Warming, Al Gore. I think her money quote is: Al Gore is a man whose daddy got rich from selling coal. Selling carbon. Al Gore got even richer selling useless, politically-correct-feel-good-mumbo-jumbo “carbon offsets.” I’m no psychologist, but that rather sounds like maybe Gore’s Inconvenient Truth is that he hated his daddy.
After reading all of this, here is how I feel today:
As Dr. Helen notes: When this administration and its useful idiots realize that the right to run their own lives is more important to working-class men than government hand-outs, then maybe they will have something to talk to these men about. In the meantime, let the Tea Partying continue.
MUT News and Views:
Voting Female Speaks has some good news to share: USAToday, going down the tubes; Wall Street Journal takes the No 1 Spot.
Fire Andrea Mitchell has this report: Left Wing loons in Kokomo, Indiana honor Obama Nobel Peace Prize by desecrating American Flag (follow the link to an ASTONISHING graphic).
American Freedom Network directs us to today’s history read: The Ghost Troop’s Last Reunion.
Finally, Afrocity has this: Obama Wins Nobel Prize…But Did He Bring Peace To Chicago?Allow me to answer: